If I Had 100 Mummies by Vanda Carter

If I Had 100 Mummies

by Vanda Carter

711,138,814 (4)None

Randall Tarpey-Schwed synopsis: This boldly illustrated book portrays a little girls' imaginings as she thinks of how wonderful it would be to have 100 mummies. They would form a que to give her kisses, she would get a hundred hugs and a hundred ice creams. On the other hand, however, they might make her have a hundred baths or eat organic Brussels sprouts. In the end she concludes "Hang on a minute! I thought it was a good idea but now I think it's not. I DON'T want a hundred mummies, I'll just have the two I've got!"
  rschwed | Oct 5, 2013 |

Designed for OutforOurChildren, a parenting group for lesbian feminists, this picture book is meant to be read aloud with early readers and their friends. Colourful pictures on every page show a young narrator who already knows an awful lot. Here, they go to the seaside, remember and read lots and lots of books. Until, finally sleep changes one little girl’s wish.

This is a story about how the world works, concentrating on the special relationships between parents and children--Backcover description.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,700,414 books! | Top bar: Always visible