Captain Underpants and the Attack of the…

Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (1999)

by Dav Pilkey

1,539294,773 (4)7

I loved this book for more reasons than I could ever describe, however two of those reasons stand out above the rest. The first main reason why I loved this book was for the creative “Flip-O-Rama” pages toward the end of the book. These pages, which depicted the main battle between captain Underpants and the Terrible Turbo Toilet 2000, had one picture on a two page spread and another picture in the same location on the next two page spread and if you flipped the first page back and forth you could see the action going on in the story. For example, for the “Flip-O-Rama” named “Wedgie Power vs. Potty Power” one page just showed Captain underpants holding onto the Terrible Turbo Toilet 2000’s underpants, but if you flipped the page and look at the same location you could see the same picture, only that picture Showed Captain Underpants giving the Terrible Turbo Toilet 2000 a wedgie and if you flipped the page with the first picture on it back and forth, you could see Captain Underpants actually giving the Terrible Turbo Toilet 2000 a wedgie in action! I though this part of the book was amazing because it allowed me to interact with the book itself and brought the epic fight to life when I was able to see it happen by just flipping the pages back and forth rapidly. The second main reason why I liked this book is because it was a chapter book that featured pictures all around the pages. For example, at the beginning of chapter 13, the text explained that George and Harold, the two main characters, climbed into the window of the Principal Krupp’s office. On the same page as this text was a small cartoon on the bottom of the page that showed George and Harold climbing into the principal’s office. These pictures, which were on almost every page of the book, made reading the chapters fun and exciting and gave me something to look at when my eyes got tired of reading the text. Overall, the main idea of this book was to engage the reader in their reading by providing them with amble opportunities to interact with the story, the characters, and the book itself all while telling a goofy and sporadic story. ( )
  mspisa1 | Apr 16, 2014 |
Grate book. Humorous, I love reading this as a child. This was my favorite series. ( )
  lnfranklin | Nov 27, 2013 |
This book felt like it came from the mind of a child. The author captures an essence of silliness that school kids will enjoy. The principal and teachers are all evil and made to look foolish by the two heroes George and Harold. Even though they deserve to be punished for their antics, they bring a sense of justice for the troublesome behavior displayed throughout the book. The mixture of comic strips into the book will keep a young mind interested. The author also adds demonstrations of the effects of animation, perhaps this is there to encourage the reader to create their own series of action books. I would recommend this book for children as it encourages them to use their imagination. ( )
  lvalido | Sep 25, 2013 |
With the second book in the series, Pilkey picks up steam and presents a totally hilarious story. Following the same formula as the first book, this one ups the fun factor with a couple of comic sections and two Flip-o-ramas. Funnily enough toilet humour is limited to the presence of toilets and there were laugh out loud moments even for me! Book one was just OK however with the second outing for Captain Underpants Pilkey doesn't hold back and we get to see that he's fully capable of: making kids laugh, with outrageous silliness and humour of a kind that kids and adults will get on different levels. These books really helped my learning disabled reluctant reader become interested in reading and while not Newbery Medal material, this is what kids, and some adults, actually enjoy reading! Fun! I hope the next one continues on this level. ( )
  ElizaJane | Aug 17, 2013 |
  BRCSBooks | Apr 10, 2013 |
For Alan Boyko
Um...hello.

Georges et Harold recommencent à refaire des bêtises... En effet ils ont complètement gaché l'expo-science de l'école par leurs farces puis ils ont créé une armée horrible de toilettes parlantes parties à la conquête du monde.

The second book in Dav Pilkey's mega-bestselling Captain Underpants series. Now with super-cool foil covers! Shiny! Fun!

George and Harold are usually responsible kids...whenever anything bad happens, George and Harold are usually responsible! And it looks like they're up to their old tricks again! First, they ruined the school's science fair with a series of silly pranks. Then, they accidentally created an army of evil, vicious, talking toilets, intent on taking over the world. Who will stop the carnivorous commodes?!!!? This looks like a job for Captain Underpants!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:17 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,360,787 books! | Top bar: Always visible