Captain Underpants and the Attack of the…

Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (1999)

by Dav Pilkey

1,470None5,058 (4.02)7

Grate book. Humorous, I love reading this as a child. This was my favorite series. ( )
  lnfranklin | Nov 27, 2013 |
This book felt like it came from the mind of a child. The author captures an essence of silliness that school kids will enjoy. The principal and teachers are all evil and made to look foolish by the two heroes George and Harold. Even though they deserve to be punished for their antics, they bring a sense of justice for the troublesome behavior displayed throughout the book. The mixture of comic strips into the book will keep a young mind interested. The author also adds demonstrations of the effects of animation, perhaps this is there to encourage the reader to create their own series of action books. I would recommend this book for children as it encourages them to use their imagination. ( )
  lvalido | Sep 25, 2013 |
With the second book in the series, Pilkey picks up steam and presents a totally hilarious story. Following the same formula as the first book, this one ups the fun factor with a couple of comic sections and two Flip-o-ramas. Funnily enough toilet humour is limited to the presence of toilets and there were laugh out loud moments even for me! Book one was just OK however with the second outing for Captain Underpants Pilkey doesn't hold back and we get to see that he's fully capable of: making kids laugh, with outrageous silliness and humour of a kind that kids and adults will get on different levels. These books really helped my learning disabled reluctant reader become interested in reading and while not Newbery Medal material, this is what kids, and some adults, actually enjoy reading! Fun! I hope the next one continues on this level. ( )
  ElizaJane | Aug 17, 2013 |
  BRCSBooks | Apr 10, 2013 |
This book is about two boys who imagine up comic book stories and are able to make them come to life. In the story, they have to save their school and teachers from a monster that they created. The book was alright. I think that you can get a message out of any book if you look hard enough, but I don't think this would be a book that I would share in my classroom. It is more of a silly book than a book that you could teach your children good lessons from. ( )
  crfonten | Feb 8, 2013 |
For Alan Boyko
Um...hello.

The second book in Dav Pilkey's mega-bestselling Captain Underpants series. Now with super-cool foil covers! Shiny! Fun!

George and Harold are usually responsible kids...whenever anything bad happens, George and Harold are usually responsible! And it looks like they're up to their old tricks again! First, they ruined the school's science fair with a series of silly pranks. Then, they accidentally created an army of evil, vicious, talking toilets, intent on taking over the world. Who will stop the carnivorous commodes?!!!? This looks like a job for Captain Underpants!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:17 -0400)

Principal Krupp once again turns into the superhero Captain Underpants in order to save the world, and Jerome Horwitz Elementary School, from the evil talking toilets and the Turbo Toilet 2000.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,460,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible