Castle Kidnapped by John DeChancie

Castle Kidnapped (edition 1991)

by John DeChancie

Member:AHS-Wolfy
Title:Castle Kidnapped
Authors:John DeChancie
Info:Ace Books (1991), Paperback
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Fantasy, Humour, Castle

Castle Kidnapped by John DeChancie

I hadn't read the previous books in this series, but finding myself absolutely ravenous for a fantasy novel, any fantasy novel, I plucked this off the shelf, hidden a dusty corner of my ship's "library" (if it can even be called that, four shelves with 20-30 books on each). The book is short, and understandable without even reading the others in the series. Quick fantasy fluff, it entertained me for 2 hours (very short book) ( )
  shavienda | Jul 29, 2010 |
  shavienda | Jul 29, 2010 |
Thus we find our heroes battling once again for the existence of the multiverse. This time because the Hosts (of Hell) are sucking energy out of the interstitial spaces. I think that's supposed to mean they are sucking the fat out from between the universes and, like organs in a body with no fat, if they connect they go *poof*.

Oh, and some the most important Guests have gone missing.

There is quite a bit glossed over and again it all hinges on what Incarnadine is doing and why. I'm sure it's because we are viewing things over the shoulders of the main characters, but really we should by now be able to get more into the head of the one person that can actually explain just what is and is not real in the multiverse. Well, okay, we aren't in the head of any character here, but I think you can figure out what I mean... maybe.

Other than that, this is another highly executed and well-written work by DeChancie. ( )
  RicketyCat | Feb 7, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441094082, Mass Market Paperback)

Castle Perilous is a magic castle full of mystery and adventure, but sometimes even magic castles can go awry. This particular castle has the power to send its guests to 144,000 alternate worlds, each a fantastic voyage to the unknown. But each voyage seems to backfire. Computer whiz kid Jeremy is stuck on a planet of golf-playing dinosaurs. Gentrified Gene finds himself a on a planet overrun with amazon women where the queen has taken a particular shine to him and only Lord of the Castle Incarnadine can st

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:24 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,094,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible