Stalking Susan by Julie Kramer

Stalking Susan

by Julie Kramer

1941560,720 (3.59)3

Normally I'm not a huge fan of the genre "thriller" but this book is an example of how a thriller can be written without car chases, spies or threat of the end of the world.

Riley is a television reporter who is coming back to work after a very bad year. She is handed a case by a former cop who had been her inside informant in the past. November 19th seems to have a signature for a serial killer. And, what makes it odd is the all the victims have the same first name, Susan.

There is quite a bit of background on each of the victims as well as the building of the background of Riley.

This was a great book and now I'm hooked and will have to (such a chore ) read more in the series. Here is hoping she just gets better as she writes. ( )
  bookswoman | Mar 31, 2013 |
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Fun mystery read with Minnesota details. ( )
  drausche | Jun 3, 2011 |
Interesting setting and good insights into television news production plus flashes of humor make this a pleasant read. ( )
  dianaleez | Dec 25, 2010 |
Love the Minnesota stories and having been to most of the places she talks about in her book. This the is first in the three about Riley. She is a reporter in Minneapolis and she is a kick butt investigator. Great story and mystery. ( )
  cenneidigh | Dec 13, 2010 |
This is one of my favorite new series. Julie Kramer has hit the mark with a kicky main character, solid supporting cast, and suspenseful mystery. Not necessarily suspenseful in the sense that the bad guy is a surprise, but suspenseful in the sense that there are unexpected twists and turns along the way. I enjoyed her camaraderie with ex-policeman Garnett, but was a little disappointed that their relationship took the predictable 'I like you, don’t you like me too?' turn. I liked the behind-the-scenes look into TV news and all its politics and back-stabbing, and thought it gave us a fresh perspective on the usual 'amateur detective' story. I listened to this on audio, and thought the narrator, Bernadette Dunne, did a great job. I often have problems listening to books with female narrators (it seems there’s a much higher chance of me finding their voices grating), but no such problems here. I’ve already put the next two books in the series on my wish list. ( )
  miyurose | Sep 20, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307388514, Mass Market Paperback)

Inside the desperate world of TV news, a reporter discovers a serial killer is targeting women named Susan.Riley Spartz is recovering from a heartbreaking, headline-making catastrophe of her own when a Minneapolis police source drops two homicide files in her lap.Both cold cases involve women named Susan strangled on the same day, one year apart. Riley sees a pattern between those murders and others pulled from old death records. As the deadly anniversary approaches, she stages a bold on-air stunt to draw the killer out and uncover a motive that will leave readers breathless.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:32 -0400)

Inside the desperate world of TV ratings, an investigative reporter discovers that a serial killer is targeting women named Susan and killing one on the same day each year.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,502,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible