Too Close to Home by Linwood Barclay

Too Close to Home (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Linwood Barclay

Member:katiekrug
Title:Too Close to Home
Authors:Linwood Barclay
Info:Bantam (2009), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:Fiction, mystery/thriller

Too Close to Home by Linwood Barclay (2008)

English (34)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (37)
Knew the answer before halfway through the book. Hate that. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
Knew the answer before halfway through the book. Hate that. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
Another interesting thriller from Linwood Barclay. This time there are so many murders, I wondered which ones I should focus on. Barclay does a great job of managing the information critical to the reader, and gives us good depth of character for the principal players.

I'm always awaiting another Linwood Barclay novel. ( )
  Patbilly | Apr 29, 2014 |

I'm always awaiting another Linwood Barclay novel. ( )
  Patbilly | Apr 29, 2014 |
There is nothing better than a Linwood Barclay novel to keep you glued to your seat and turning pages well into the night. "Too Close to Home" is a stunning piece of writing; a thriller of the best kind. Barclay has this way of keeping you guessing right to the last page. Loved every bit of it! ( )
  KerryMarsh | Jan 22, 2014 |
This book follows last year's acclaimed No Time for Goodbye..This also has some unexpected twists and turns, not to mention some very good red herrings, but while I was kept guessing right to the end, the surprise finale was unconvincing.
added by vancouverdeb | editguardian.co.uk (Jan 15, 2011)

Linwood Barclayprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Aurstad, ToreTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Barfoed, ErikTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fredholm, ElisabetTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Neetha.
Derek figured, when the time came, the crawlspace would be the best place to hide.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 055359043X, Mass Market Paperback)

Critically acclaimed and bestselling author Linwood Barclay brings terror closer than ever before in a stunning thriller in which murder strikes in the place we should feel safest of all….

In a quiet neighborhood, in the house next door, a family is brutally murdered for no apparent reason. You can’t help thinking, It could have been us. And you start to wonder: What if we’re next?

Promise Falls isn’t the kind of community where families are shot to death in their own homes. But how well did Jim and Ellen Cutter really know their neighbors—or the darker secrets of their small town? They don’t have to look further than their own marriage to know that things aren’t always what they seem. Now the Cutters and their son, Derek, must face the unthinkable: that a murderer isn’t just stalking too close to home…but is inside it already.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:21 -0400)

Using his neighbor's house to spend some private time with his girlfriend while the Barclays are on vacation, Derek Cutter suddenly becomes the prime suspect in a small-town murder case when the Barclays return home early and are unexpectedly killed--with Derek still hiding in their basement.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,333,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible