Frog and Toad Together (I Can Read Book 2)…

Frog and Toad Together (I Can Read Book 2) (original 1971; edition 1979)

by Arnold Lobel

Member:EnglishLibrary3
Title:Frog and Toad Together (I Can Read Book 2)
Authors:Arnold Lobel
Info:HarperCollins (1979), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 64 pages
Tags:CB139

Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel (1971)

Read this, then go find your good friend and spend the afternoon together. That is what all the stories are about. I especially liked the last one, in which Toad has a nightmare that he becomes more and more famous and special, as frog shrinks to nothingness. Lobel lets his young readers draw their own conclusions about the meaning. But what a relief when he wakes up to find his friend okay after all. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
Arnold Stark Lobel, who died in 1987, was an American author and illustrator of children's books. He was probably best known for his "Frog and Toad" series. His art won him the Caldecott Medal in 1981. Source: Wikipedia.com. The reviewer for "Kirkus Review," said of "Frog and Toad Together," [Lobel has presented us with] [f]ive more wise and wonderful stories to reaffirm the happy truth that Frog and Toad are friends. The first story. . .begins with toad waking up and making a list of 'things to do today."
  uufnn | Jul 27, 2018 |
A List
The Garden
Cookies
Dragons and Giants
The Dream ( )
  JennyArch | Jul 24, 2018 |
Frog and Toad are best friends—they do everything together. When Toad admires the flowers in Frog's garden, Frog gives him seeds to grow a garden of his own. When Toad bakes cookies, Frog helps him eat them. And when both Frog and Toad are scared, they are brave together. School Library Journal called this story collection from Arnold Lobel "a masterpiece of child-styled humor and sensitivity." Winner of the Newbery Honor award, Frog and Toad Together is a Level Two I Can Read book, geared for kids who read on their own but still need a little help.
  wichitafriendsschool | Mar 17, 2018 |
Five stories about Frog and Toad in this book
  CECC9 | Feb 27, 2018 |

Arnold Lobelprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gerland-Ekeroth, MarianneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Barbara Dicks
One morning Toad sat in bed.

Similar to Days with Frog and Toad -- a collection of Frog and Toad stories in which the two are shown to be best friends who help each other out (despite not always making the most sensible decisions, either separately or together). A wonderful read for young children, with simple and comforting stories. Preschool-primary.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064440214, Paperback)

"You know, Toad," said Frog with his mouth full, "I think we should stop eating. We will soon be sick." "You are right," said Toad. "Let us eat one last cookie, and then we will stop." Many "last cookies" later, Frog and Toad come up with an ingenious solution to their uncontrolled cookie consumption.

This pair of amphibian pals likes to do everything together, from list making to flower growing to dragon vanquishing. And when Toad bakes cookies one day, the two try to develop willpower together. The Frog and Toad series, including Frog and Toad Are Friends, Frog and Toad All Year, and Days with Frog and Toad, is perfect for new readers. Simple text and charming, frog-hued pictures combined with sensitive, funny, original stories show children what real friendship is all about. This Newbery Honor Book perpetuates and confirms Frog and Toad's status as children's classics. (Ages 4 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:31 -0400)

Five further adventures of two best friends as they share cookies, plant a garden, and test their bravery.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,810,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible