Frog and Toad Together (I Can Read Book 2)…

Frog and Toad Together (I Can Read Book 2) (original 1971; edition 1979)

by Arnold Lobel

Member:EnglishLibrary3
Title:Frog and Toad Together (I Can Read Book 2)
Authors:Arnold Lobel
Info:HarperCollins (1979), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 64 pages
Tags:CB139

Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel (1971)

I really like this book! All the different events that occur in this book are surrounded mainly on the theme of friendship. I think that this would be a great book to use with students who are having trouble making friends or have friends already. They can make connections to Frog and Toad's relationship and how their bond becomes stronger and stronger. This also teaches students to be organized and prioritize different activities that may be more important than others. Furthermore, it teaches students to become courageous and face different challenges even though we may be fearful sometimes. Great book to use with ELL students! ( )
  gsanti4 | Apr 6, 2019 |
this is an awesome book about friendship. ( )
  mls127 | Nov 26, 2018 |
this book is great to show young students friendship and caring for others. ( )
  coreylee75 | Nov 26, 2018 |
Frog and toad are best friends that do everything together. ( )
  cms143 | Nov 20, 2018 |
Read this, then go find your good friend and spend the afternoon together. That is what all the stories are about. I especially liked the last one, in which Toad has a nightmare that he becomes more and more famous and special, as frog shrinks to nothingness. Lobel lets his young readers draw their own conclusions about the meaning. But what a relief when he wakes up to find his friend okay after all. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |

Arnold Lobelprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gerland-Ekeroth, MarianneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Barbara Dicks
One morning Toad sat in bed.

Similar to Days with Frog and Toad -- a collection of Frog and Toad stories in which the two are shown to be best friends who help each other out (despite not always making the most sensible decisions, either separately or together). A wonderful read for young children, with simple and comforting stories. Preschool-primary.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064440214, Paperback)

"You know, Toad," said Frog with his mouth full, "I think we should stop eating. We will soon be sick." "You are right," said Toad. "Let us eat one last cookie, and then we will stop." Many "last cookies" later, Frog and Toad come up with an ingenious solution to their uncontrolled cookie consumption.

This pair of amphibian pals likes to do everything together, from list making to flower growing to dragon vanquishing. And when Toad bakes cookies one day, the two try to develop willpower together. The Frog and Toad series, including Frog and Toad Are Friends, Frog and Toad All Year, and Days with Frog and Toad, is perfect for new readers. Simple text and charming, frog-hued pictures combined with sensitive, funny, original stories show children what real friendship is all about. This Newbery Honor Book perpetuates and confirms Frog and Toad's status as children's classics. (Ages 4 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:31 -0400)

Five further adventures of two best friends as they share cookies, plant a garden, and test their bravery.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,122,919 books! | Top bar: Always visible