Frog and toad together by Arnold Lobel

Frog and toad together (original 1971; edition 1972)

by Arnold Lobel

Member:AlyshaKnandel
Title:Frog and toad together
Authors:Arnold Lobel
Info:New York, Harper & Row [1972]
Tags:Fantasy

Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel (1971)

I love the cookie story! I think it can teach a really good lesson about will power and making hard choices. Frog and Toad are so relatable and funny! ( )
  LauraCMiller15 | Mar 13, 2016 |
This book is great for early readers. The stories are short and not too complex, but still include compound sentences and other complexities. I would use this book for my students as a guided reading, to help them along but to still have them read it on their own. This book would be good for 2nd graders who are able to read on their own. It would still be a challenge, but the simple sentences make it manageable.
  TaylorWebb | Feb 16, 2016 |
Frog and Toad was a great book. Frog and Toad are best friends and are always there for each other. This book meets the requirements of fantasy by: being pretend (frogs do not really talk, walk, and live in houses), it was very realistic to what a humans life would be (humans plant gardens, make to-do lists, and the other stuff frog and toad was up to.), and we, as the audience, were able to imagine ourselves in frog and toads shoes. We were able to relate to them.
Media: Ink and Wash
Genre: Fantasy ( )
  Bcruz14 | Feb 6, 2016 |
This is a great book for students that are just now becoming independent readers! This book has several stories backed into one book making it a very interesting read! I would highly recommend this for students beginning to read! ( )
  Zach.Zbylut | Feb 4, 2016 |
In my opinion this is a great book for children. Frog and Toad Together is a children’s book with five different chapters, each telling different stories about their lives. Each story is clever and relates to the overall message of friendship. The language throughout is clear and easy to read. The writing is organized and flows well which helps keeps the reader engaged. Lastly, the illustrations are simple, yet very detailed. For example, when Toad's list blows away, both the Frog and Toad are illustrated as shocked and gazing at the list floating in the wind. ( )
  dbrock3 | Dec 6, 2015 |
For Barbara Dicks
One morning Toad sat in bed.

Similar to Days with Frog and Toad -- a collection of Frog and Toad stories in which the two are shown to be best friends who help each other out (despite not always making the most sensible decisions, either separately or together). A wonderful read for young children, with simple and comforting stories. Preschool-primary.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064440214, Paperback)

"You know, Toad," said Frog with his mouth full, "I think we should stop eating. We will soon be sick." "You are right," said Toad. "Let us eat one last cookie, and then we will stop." Many "last cookies" later, Frog and Toad come up with an ingenious solution to their uncontrolled cookie consumption.

This pair of amphibian pals likes to do everything together, from list making to flower growing to dragon vanquishing. And when Toad bakes cookies one day, the two try to develop willpower together. The Frog and Toad series, including Frog and Toad Are Friends, Frog and Toad All Year, and Days with Frog and Toad, is perfect for new readers. Simple text and charming, frog-hued pictures combined with sensitive, funny, original stories show children what real friendship is all about. This Newbery Honor Book perpetuates and confirms Frog and Toad's status as children's classics. (Ages 4 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:31 -0400)

Five further adventures of two best friends as they share cookies, plant a garden, and test their bravery.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible