Frog and toad together by Arnold Lobel

Frog and toad together (original 1971; edition 1972)

by Arnold Lobel

Member:AlyshaKnandel
Title:Frog and toad together
Authors:Arnold Lobel
Info:New York, Harper & Row [1972]
Tags:Fantasy

Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel (1971)

BRCSBooks | Sep 16, 2014 |
Summary:
This is a story about when toad made alist of things to do for him and frog. As the day went on everything that toad did he would cross off his list, for example get up, get dressed. On their day out the wind ended up blowing the list away. So they sat down and toad tried to think of what was on the list. Since he couldnt remember what was on his list he did not want to do anything because it wasnt on his list. So they say down by a rock and went to sleep because toad rememberd going to sleep was the last thing on his list.

Personal Experience:
As a child I remember my grandma reading this story to me several of times. I also remember reading this book in the school library.

Classroom Extensions:
1. After reading the story I would have the students make a list of things that they normally do in the day.
2. I would ask the students of other ways that toad and frog could have worked out the problem of losing the list. ( )
  shelby22 | Jul 15, 2014 |
This is a great transitional chapter book about two best friends Frog and Toad. The text is very simple and is great for first, second, and third graders who are working up to the level of reading full chapter books. The two always back each other up and show the reader what a true friendship look like. For example, Frog has an amazing garden that is an inspiration for Toad's and with Frog's help, Toad builds his own. Each story in this chapter book are short and simple, yet enjoyable so it makes for an easy read that flows with ease for beginning chapter book readers. The illustrations are simple as well, but go along with the story perfectly and give readers a visual of exactly what is happening on each page. The main idea of this story is to be a good friend who always support and defend one another. ( )
1 vote jjones58 | Apr 10, 2014 |
This classic collection of short stories follows Toad and Frog up down and around the forest. They attempt to stick to a list, avoid eating cookies, grow a garden, convenience each other they are brave and explain a dream. After each adventure or activity they go through together there is only thing they are sure of, friendship.
These stories are still fun to read at my age. They always have positive themes that highlight the true meaning of friends. This, or any of the other Toad and Frog books would be great books for early readers.
1 vote Phil9 | Mar 12, 2014 |
Summary: This is a story about two best friends named Frog and Toad. They had many adventures together, they tried to catch Toad’s list, and grew a garden, yet Toad was very impatient but Frog helped him through it. They also had a real problem with eating too many cookies. They also learned how to be kind of brave… together.
Personal Reaction: I always liked Frog and Toad when I was little because I could relate myself to them because I also had a best friend like Frog. Yet, I was never a huge fan of the illustration because it always looked kind of old looking but I believe that kids like the story line.

Classroom Extensions
1.This would be a good book to read and have the kids write about their best friend.
2.This would also be good to read and then have the kids write about an adventure that they have always wanted to go on.
1 vote taylorspradlin | Nov 18, 2013 |
For Barbara Dicks
One morning Toad sat in bed.

Similar to Days with Frog and Toad -- a collection of Frog and Toad stories in which the two are shown to be best friends who help each other out (despite not always making the most sensible decisions, either separately or together). A wonderful read for young children, with simple and comforting stories. Preschool-primary.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064440214, Paperback)

"You know, Toad," said Frog with his mouth full, "I think we should stop eating. We will soon be sick." "You are right," said Toad. "Let us eat one last cookie, and then we will stop." Many "last cookies" later, Frog and Toad come up with an ingenious solution to their uncontrolled cookie consumption.

This pair of amphibian pals likes to do everything together, from list making to flower growing to dragon vanquishing. And when Toad bakes cookies one day, the two try to develop willpower together. The Frog and Toad series, including Frog and Toad Are Friends, Frog and Toad All Year, and Days with Frog and Toad, is perfect for new readers. Simple text and charming, frog-hued pictures combined with sensitive, funny, original stories show children what real friendship is all about. This Newbery Honor Book perpetuates and confirms Frog and Toad's status as children's classics. (Ages 4 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:51 -0400)

Five further adventures of two best friends as they share cookies, plant a garden, and test their bravery.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,719,838 books! | Top bar: Always visible