From Naked Ape to Super Species: A Personal…

by David Suzuki (Author)

Member:PSII
Title:From Naked Ape to Super Species: A Personal Perspective on Humanity and the Global Ecocrisis
Authors:David Suzuki (Author)
Info:Stoddart Pub (1999), Edition: First Edition, 323 pages

From Naked Ape to Super Species: A Personal Perspective on Humanity and the Global Ecocrisis by David Suzuki

The book, in the version I got, is a bit outdated. However, it has some interesting parts that, at least for me, were worth considering.

Nonetheless, this is not for everyone, for it has strong opinions and a very clear ecological agenda. That, in itself, is not a bad thing. But you're not going to get a completely unbiased picture of its main subject. However, given that we are facing such a humongous environmental crisis, the taking of strong stances may well be the only possible course to force a change in the reader's perception. ( )
  adsicuidade | Sep 8, 2018 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0773731946, Hardcover)

Human beings have acquired enormous technological muscle power, and - coupled with our numbers and our soaring consumption - we are now having an impact on the planet that no other species has ever had. We are trying to dominate nature, but we are still part of it.

Foresight has always been a key to our survival and we have never needed it more than we do now. As we look ahead to an uncertain future, we have to examine some of our most cherished notions, like the ability of science to give us the power to manage nature, the benefits and hazards of genetic engineering, the real impact of information explosion, and the need to keep the global economy growing forever.

As you will hear in the programs, despite the sophistication of our technology, we remain biological beings, animals, inextricably embedded in the natural world. We must redefine progress and find ways to live in balance with each other and nature.

Produced at the state of the art recording studios of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

Approximate Duration 4 Hours

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:27 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,403,040 books! | Top bar: Always visible