Gnomes by Wil Huygen

Gnomes (1976)

by Wil Huygen

Other authors: Rien Poortvliet (Illustrator)

English (26)  Swedish (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (28)
I loved this book growing up. There was a copy on my parents' best friends' coffee table and I could never wait to visit them. I devoured the beautiful illustrations and eventually all the detailed descriptions as well. Will definitely get a copy once my children stop trying to rip up paper! ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
Underbara illustrationer och texter. Boken påskyndar julstämningen direkt. ( )
  annacarlsson | Sep 12, 2016 |
best book about gnomes
  miketopper | Jan 4, 2016 |
I love this book and have read it many times. ( )
  RBeene | Mar 20, 2015 |
A book I've had since childhood, which always delighted me and let me believe a wider world of magical creatures could exist. I have since shared it with my son, and he was similarly enchanted. ( )
  sturlington | Feb 16, 2015 |

Huygen, Wilprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Poortvliet, RienIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dalgren, BirgittaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Eisenstein, RuthTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kosowski, DianeHandwritersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lynch, JohnTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Negrin, VickyHandwritersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"To my amazement I have heard that there are people who have never seen a gnome. I can't help pitying these people. I am certain there must be something wrong with their eyesight." Axel Munthe
Now, after twenty years of observation, we feel that the time has come to put our experiences and findings on paper, having received permission, of course, from an authorized council of gnomes - which, by the way, took all of five years to make its decision.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:48 -0400)

Using a number of sources the author and illustrator have compiled a delightful book on gnomeology. In commemoration of the 20th anniversary of its publication, we're thrilled to reissue this phenomenal delight, which enjoyed 62 weeks on the New York Times best-seller list. Fantasy and fun combine in this "real life" history.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,108,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible