Betty Crocker's cookbook : everything you…

Betty Crocker's cookbook : everything you need to know to cook today (original 1950; edition 2000)

by Betty Crocker

Member:ablachly
Title:Betty Crocker's cookbook : everything you need to know to cook today
Authors:Betty Crocker
Info:Foster City, CA: IDG Books Worldwide, c2000. 576 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm. 9th ed
Tags:cookbook, kitchen

Betty Crocker's Cookbook by Betty Crocker (1950)

Of the over a couple of dozen cookbooks in our shelves, this general cookbook is one of the ones we've used the most over the years, certainly in the top four. The section tabs make it very easy to find recipes and the Special Helps section and inside covers make sure useful information is at your fingertips. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Sep 12, 2013 |
Left by Joan 1970
  trexm5qp7 | Apr 23, 2011 |
A classic cookbook. This is the 28th printing, found in a library sale. $2.00 and in pristine condition. ( )
  Borg-mx5 | Jan 19, 2011 |
This is my go to cookbook. If it's not in here I know I'm going to have to search high & low for a good recipe. Also this can be looked at as just a starter book. You can always jazz up the recipes as you feel more comfortable.
Done ( )
  magst | Dec 26, 2009 |
Although I have many, many cookbooks.. way beyond what I have added. This is the go to cookbook for the everyday favorites. Nothing compares to this for your "Comfort Food" catagory. My all-time favorites include: Meatloaf, New England Pot Roast, Pot Roast in Foil, Pork Chops (perfect) and my Turkey Stuffing comes from here too! Who would know!! Its been updated, revised and I love my tattered old copy! ( )
1 vote booklovers2 | Aug 25, 2009 |
Confidence is what you find in Betty Crocker's Cookbook - the certainty that every recipe will work for you.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307098001, Ring-bound)

Ring-bound Betty Crocker vintage cookbook.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:57 -0400)

"A trusted classic made new. New Design and Photography More than 1,000 all-new full color photographs throughout, and a bold, contemporary, and colorful design that brings the recipes to life. Fresh New Features include repertoire-building Learn to Make Recipes, like a personalized cooking school that covers the essential building block recipes everyone needs to know, including Macaroni and Cheese, Roast Turkey, and Apple Pie; beloved Heirloom Recipes, like Creamy Potato Salad, featured with bold New Twists, like Southwest Sweet Potato Salad; and hundreds of Mini Recipes in short paragraph form for quick bursts of inspiration. More than 1,400 recipes, with icons to flag those that are fast (30 minutes or less), lower-calorie, and more. Special icons indicate variations and ideas contributed by BettyCrocker.com members, and direct readers online for additional photos, videos, recipes, and more information on specific topics, like making Homemade Bread. Member Contributions from loyal BettyCrocker.com fans, who have the opportunity to get their great new ideas printed in the Betty Crocker Cookbook for the first time, including ideas for new twists on heirloom recipes and suggestions for mini recipes. The best will be printed in the cookbook, along with suggestions from the Betty Crocker Test Kitchens. Three All-New Chapters cover the basics of Entertaining, from choosing wine and beer pairings, to finding those special recipes for your next dinner party; a Do-it-Yourself chapter, which covers the basics of making jams and preserves, freezing, making homemade yogurt, starting an herb garden, and more; Breakfast and Brunch includes fast options like pancakes and scrambled eggs as well as special selections like stuffed French toast and savory Frittatas"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,333,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible