Bunny Cakes by Rosemary Wells
Info:Scholastic Inc (date?), Hardcover
Collections:Your library, Jasper's Books
Tags:children's, max and ruby

Bunny Cakes by Rosemary Wells

Max and Ruby are making a cake for their grandmother. Ruby tried to make a cake but unfortunately Max messes everything up. He spills everything. From the flour to the milk. Max has to go back to the grocery store because he spilled the ingredients.

Personal Reaction. I would have been frustrated if I had to keep going back to the store because I spilled some stuff but all in all this is a good book I found it very amusing.

Class Extension: Ask the children to tell the whole class what they bake with their siblings or parent.
Have them draw what type of dishes they bake.
  rocquel | Nov 29, 2015 |
24 months - O has just started watching the occasional Max and Ruby cartoon so this was a hit. It's a cute story and I enjoy reading it too. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
This book is great to connect fantasy characters and predictable text. This is done by different events that have all the same outcome. This is helpful for beginner reader to have that confidence and enjoy a fictional book.
  mmg020 | Apr 27, 2015 |
I found this book to be really cute and depict the relationship between a brother (Max) and sister (Ruby). The simplicity of the story's plot is what makes this book so great for new and young readers. It is easy for young children to follow along without getting lost in the story, while also keeping it lighthearted. The characters are both male and female so it is great for both genders to connect with. I also enjoyed the relationship Max and Ruby have. It is very clear by the bunny's sizes that Ruby is older than Max, but she is very patient with him and does not get mad or yell at him for breaking/dropping almost every ingredient. This shows the reader to control his or her emotions and how to properly deal with situations that upset them. The last thing I enjoyed about this book were the pictures. I found them to be very colorful and basically told the story themselves. This is great for a new/young reader to connect the story to and look at if confused or lost. ( )
  corzel1 | Mar 19, 2015 |
James patiently sat all the way through this one...a rare treat for dad. Got to read him a whole book! ( )
  learn2laugh | Sep 14, 2014 |

Max makes an earthworm cake for Grandma's birthday and helps Ruby with her angel surprise cake. At the store, the grocer can't read all of the shopping list, until Max solves the problem by drawing a picture.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,841,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible