Shortcut (edition 1992)

Jaylen White
October 6, 2015
EDUC 417.001
Shortcut by Donald Crews
Donald Crews is actually one of my favorite authors however, I did not like this book for a couple of reasons. For one, I feel as if it was a simple story that didn’t have enough substance. The story is simple about him and his cousins playing on a train track and being scared because it came by one time and then they went home. I just felt that there was not enough story or substance to really make it an interesting or fulfilling book. The other reason why I disliked this book was because it just simply did not hold my interest. I am not sure if it was simply the way it was written or how the story was put together but I found myself constantly wandering off in my thoughts and not paying attention to the book. Overall the book was short and pretty much predictable, which could have also been another factor in my disinterest. One part I did like about the book was when the train was going by the children! It took 2 pages out of the book where Crews just put “clickety clack” with the train moving by. I feel like this added authenticity to the story and felt as if you could hear it yourself moving by. ( )
  JaylenWhite | Oct 5, 2015 |
The story is about some children who decide to take a short cut using the railroad tracks. They realize that it wasn't a safe idea when they narrowly miss getting hit by a train.
  Karen_Curtis_Wood | Mar 15, 2015 |
A group of children decide to take a shortcut home via the railroad tracks and narrowly miss getting hit by a train. ( )
  AmandaLK | Mar 2, 2015 |
a group kids walking back to their grandma's house. they decided to take a shortcut, which were the train tracks. On their little shortcut they encounter the dangers and promised to never take the shortcut again.
pierce college
  susanoldchief | Jun 12, 2014 |
  BRCSBooks | Sep 1, 2013 |

The train tracks ran right by Bigmama's house in Cottondale, and the children were warned to stay off the tracks. But one night they were late, and the tracks were a shortcut, so they started off. And when there was no turning back, they heard the train coming.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:58 -0400)

Children taking a shortcut by walking along a railroad track find excitement and danger when a train approaches.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,878,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible