Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, Book…

Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, Book 8) (original 1932; edition 1963)

by Carolyn Keene

Member:JennR
Title:Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, Book 8)
Authors:Carolyn Keene
Info:Grosset & Dunlap (1963), Hardcover, 192 pages

Nancy's Mysterious Letter by Carolyn Keene (1932)

Recently added bycgarland12, private library, Scotlyn, jdegrood, StonehavenLS, Shaws09, soul34, peralb, S.D.Perry

I absolutely loved Nancy Drew growing up. This was a series I latched on to for dear life and never let go. Anytime my mom and I would go to antique stores, we'd peruse the Nancy Drews and add them to the collection (oftentimes my mom had to make deals with me on how many I could buy). So, while I don't remember the exact details of each and every one, the entire series was amazing and really fed my love for reading (especially novels full of suspense and mystery). Thank you, Carolyn Keene, for giving us an intelligent female character to fall in love with in Nancy Drew! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 1, 2018 |
A brilliant addition to this series. Though not my favorite, still a quick and solid read. I would recommend it. 5 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Jul 6, 2018 |
Nancy Drew goes on the hunt for the person that stole letters from the mail carrier. While searching, Nancy discovers there is an inheritance for her from marrying Edgar. She discovers that Edgar was not an honest person and he is arrested. Children who like mystery would be engaged on what happened throughout the story. Teachers could let the students come up with their own graphic organizer to place the events in order. ( )
  shelbieramon | Apr 23, 2018 |
#8 By mistake Nancy Drew receives a letter from England intended for an heiress, also named Nancy Drew. When Nancy undertakes a search for the missing young woman, it becomes obvious that a ruthless, dangerous man is determined to prevent her from finding the heiress or himself. Clues that Nancy unearths lead her to believe that the villainous Edgar Nixon plans to marry the heiress and then steal her inheritance. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 21, 2017 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 8, 2017 |

Carolyn Keeneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tandy, Russell H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Oh, poor Ira!" Nancy Drew exclaimed and slowed her convertible.
"Home again!" Nancy Drew spoke as she stopped her sporty maroon roadster before the walk of her own house.

Nancy receives a letter informing her that she is heir to a fortune. This story tells of her search for another Nancy Drew.

Nancy receives a letter meant for a British heiress who has the same name and, in her attempts to contact the other young woman, faces danger from a man who operates a Lonely Hearts Club mail fraud.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,023,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible