Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Let's Dance, Little Pookie by Sandra…

Let's Dance, Little Pookie (2008)

by Sandra Boynton

Sandra Boynton is a great author and illustrator. Have a kid who needs to shake off a bit of energy before bedtime? This is the book for you! It takes us through simple dancing with Little Pookie with hopping, marching and more. Sandra Boynton will have you reading this book over and over again and dancing with your little one as you read through the story. ( )
  Vintage_books_baby | Dec 9, 2013 |
Pookie's mother leads her piglet in a little dance to a Pookie-Pookie beat. This dance involves hopping, marching, reaching, and shimmying. This is perhaps my least favorite of Sandra Boynton's books, possibly because my children are still a little young to follow the steps of the dance. That said, it is still a fun book, with an excellent rhythm and beat. ( )
  RcCarol | Jul 12, 2011 |
a book about pink pigs who wanted to get physical. They followed directions like twist, hop, twirl, etc. A child could easily join in the fun by following the directions. ( )
  tiburon | Jan 11, 2009 |
In Let’s Dance, Mama helps Pookie dance the “Pookie Shimmy.” I think it’s very cute. My son likes the part where we march all around.
  rebeccareid | Dec 1, 2008 |
Could be fun in storytime to play some instrumental music in the background and then act out the book with toddlers, ( )
  angellreads | Sep 13, 2008 |
for The Fabulous Nina Y!
Say hey, little Pookie! You're a wonder to see. Come on, my little Pookie, won't you dance with me?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0375845194, Board book)

POOKIE’S MOM proposes a lively dance together. Pookie, being Pookie, is somewhat hesitant to try something new. But little by little, Pookie is drawn into the dance—hopping, marching, shimmying, singing. Presented in Boynton’s captivating style, this book will thoroughly delight toddlers and their caregivers alike.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:38 -0400)

A rhyming text about learning to dance is illustrated with Boynton's familiar pig characters.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,697,141 books! | Top bar: Always visible