Relics by Michael Jan Friedman

In the tradition of UNIFICATION, here is the story that fans of the original STAR TREK series and STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION have been clamoring for -- Montgomery Scott's return to the Star Trek universe and his encounter with the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise? NCC 1701-D. Missing in space for seventy-five years, Scotty manages to survive against incredible odds, only to be found by the crew of the Starship... Though rescued, Scotty soon finds himself lost in a world that he barely recognizes, a world that has passed him by... But the adventure is not over for Captain Scott who must do the impossible when the new U.S.S. Enterprise? faces a very old danger in a remote sector of space. This time, Captain Picard and his crew will need more than all of their courage and all of their skills to save the great Starship from destruction. This time, they will need a miracle worker. ( )
  Tutter | Mar 2, 2015 |
The episode was better ( )
  HenryGalvan | Mar 21, 2012 |
A novelization of the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode where the crew of the Enterprise D encounters Mr. Scott, the chief engineer of the original starship Enterprise. I picked it up as an alternative to owning the video. However, it seems to me that I enjoyed the episode a lot more than the novelization. Maybe I was too much in fanboy mode when watching the episode to realize that it was, in fact, mediocre. Or maybe the actors just added an appeal to the story that Mr. Friedman failed to capture. Or maybe the subplot he added--undoubtedly to bring the word count up to novel length--was just so weak that it dragged the quality down. I don't know. All I do know is that I've got another book for the Half Price Books stack.
--J. ( )
  Hamburgerclan | Jul 4, 2011 |
This is one of my favorite Next Gen episodes, and I absolutely loved the novelization. ( )
1 vote DSDragon | Mar 6, 2007 |
For
little Jared
The newest addition to the crew
Montie Scott was flying free.

Missing in space for seventy-five years, Scotty manages to survive against incredible odds, only to be found by the newest crew of the Enterprise. Though rescued, Scotty soon finds himself lost in a world that he barely recognizes; a world that has passed him by.

But the adventure is not over for Captain Scott who mus do the impossible when the new Enterprise faces a very old danger in a remote sector of space. This time, captain Picard and his crew will need more than all of their courage and all of their skills to save the great Starship form complete destruction. This time, they will need a miracle worker ...
    "STARSHIP CAPTAINS ARE LIKE CHILDREN," SCOTTY SAID IN AN AVUNCULAR TONE.

"They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."

Scott's advice went completely against the grain of Geordi's personality. "I told Captain Picard I'd have that anaylsis done in an hour," he said firmly.

Scott grinned conspiratorially. "An' how long will it really take you?"

Geordi was puzzled now ... genuinely puzzled. "An hour," he replied.

The other man seemed shocked. "Ye didnae tell him how lint it was really going to take."

Geordi was irritated - and getting more so by the second. "OF course I did."

Scott rolled his eyes in mock disappointment. "Laddie, laddie, laddie. Ye've got a lot to learn if you want them to thin of ye as a miracle worker."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671864769, Mass Market Paperback)

The U.S.S. Enterprise discovers the wreckage of a starship upon the monstrous surface of a Dyson sphere, an artificially-constructed habitat built around a star; and preserved in a weak transporter pattern is Starfleet engineering legend Montgomery "Scotty" Scott. Mr. Scott boards the Enterprise to find himself lost in a world that he barely recognizes, a world that has passed him by.

But soon the Enterprise finds itself trapped within the Dyson sphere and pulled into the star, and Scotty must work with Lt. Geordi La Forge to rescue the Enterprise.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:30 -0400)

Scotty, missing in space for 75 years, manages to survive against incredible odds, only to be found by the newest crew of the Starship Enterprise. Scotty finds himself lost in a world the he barely recognizes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,537,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible