Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire; Daughters…

Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire; Daughters of Darkness; Spellbinder (original 1996; edition 2008)

by L.J. Smith

Member:nikkiluvsez
Title:Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire; Daughters of Darkness; Spellbinder
Authors:L.J. Smith
Info:Simon Pulse (2008), Paperback, 752 pages

Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (1996)

These stories were awesome, the imagery was stunning, the only thing wrong with it was how short they were. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Mar 20, 2018 |
This book has the first three novels for the "Night World" Series written by L.J. Smith who also wrote "The Vampire Diaries".

Book #1 Secret Vampire: I think was my favorite of the first 3 books. I really admired the character, Poppy. Poppy's world turns upside down and she has to deal with some tragic situations.

Book #2 Daughters of Darkness: The character Mary-Lynnette is awesome. She is like Nancy Drew with attitude. I actually started liking the character of Ash in this novel. I like where he learns to accept things that are out of his control.

Book #3 Spellbinder: Witches and Vampires oh my!!Imagine two teenager witches in Las Vegas fighting for the affection of one guy. ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
It is a clean read for young tweens/teenagers which is refreshing. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
I liked the length of the stories in this book. Smith kept it to the point, without any useless information crammed in there.
Secret Vampire **
Daughters of Darkness ****
Spellbinder ** ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
Warning: Spoilers Ahead!!

This book (or these three books, rather) annoyed me. Everyone kept falling in love and finding soulmates, and it seemed really set-up to me, but the glimmerings of an explanation near the end of Spellbinder made me a little happier. I just hope this explanation is developed more, instead of left by the side of the road to rot.

I was also told that the series was really complex, and so far it hasn't been. It's been easy enough to connect the three books, and I really like Ash. In the second book I like him. He and Mary-L made me laugh, especially when you compare them to James and Poppy.

Is it just me, or does this series really remind anyone of Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' books? Ash is so similar to Aubrey it kills me. I didn't quite feel satisfied with the endings... I felt like the story wasn't complete enough, or strong enough, or maybe not convincing enough to really reach a definite conclusion. Maybe reading the next volume will heal the dissatisfying gap left in me by this book. ( )
  jerenda | Jan 20, 2016 |
[Secret Vampire] For Marilyn Marlow, a marvel of an agent. And with thanks to Jeanie Danek and the other wonderful nurses like her.
[Daughters of Darkness] In memory of John Manford Divola. And for Julie Ann Divola, still the best of best friends.
[Spellbinder] And she would always love the night.
[Secret Vampire] It was on the first day of summer vacation that Poppy found out she was going to die.
[Daughters of Darkness] "Rowan, Kestrel, and Jade," Mary-Lynette said as she and Mark passed the old Victorian farmhouse.
[Spellbinder] Expelled.

In Secret Vampire, Poppy thought the summer would last forever. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now Poppy's only hope for survival is James, her friend and secret love. A vampire in the Night World, James can make Poppy immortal. But first they both must risk everything to go against the laws of Night World.

Fugitives from Night World, three vampire sisters leave their isolated home to live among humans in Daughters of Darkness. Their brother, Ash, is sent to bring the girls back, but he falls in love with their beautiful friend.

Two witch cousins fight over their high school crush. It's a battle between black magic and white magic in Spellbinder.

Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters -- they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World. In "Secret Vampire", Poppy thought the summer would last forever. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now Poppy's only hope for survival is James, her friend and secret love. A vampire in the Night World, James can make Poppy immortal. But first they both must risk everything to go against the laws of Night World. Their brother, Ash, is sent to bring the girls back, but he falls in love with their beautiful friend.Fugitives from Night World, three vampire sisters leave their isolated home to live among humans in "Daughters of Darkness".Two witch cousins fight over their high school crush. It's a battle between black magic and white magic in "Spellbinder".… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,227,597 books! | Top bar: Always visible