I'll Be Seeing You by Mary Higgins Clark

I'll Be Seeing You (original 1983; edition 1994)

by Mary Higgins Clark (Author)

Member:dragonasbreath
Title:I'll Be Seeing You
Authors:Mary Higgins Clark (Author)
Info:Pocket (1994),
Rating:***
Tags:Fiction

I'll Be Seeing You by Mary Higgins Clark (1983)

This abridged audio book is my first encounter with this popular author. At 3 hrs, the abridged audio version is less than 1/3rd of the 11 hr original. Nevertheless, there are no noticeable gaps in the plot or storyline, and I found the story to be intriguing.

TV reporter Meghan Collins is covering a story at a local hospital when a young stabbing victim is rushed in on a stretcher. To her shock, the dead woman looks strikingly similar to Meghan herself. What's more, the victim seems to be linked to Meghan's father (Edward), who months earlier, apparently had been lost in a tragic accident. Edward had taken out the cash on his life insurance policy, and since his body was never found, it's not clear whether he had died or engineered his own disappearance. As Meghan investigates, she uncovers family secrets -- her father had a second family-- as well as a complex web of fraud and theft, involving a fertilization clinic and the sale of embryos produced via in vitro fertilization. Meanwhile, Meghan is being followed by an obsessed stalker with a video camera.

I found the story to be well-crafted and captivating, with red herrings that kept me from figuring out the assorted mysteries until the end. Narrator Ellen Parker does a decent job with the different character's voices. Overall, a worthwhile and entertaining listening experience. ( )
1 vote danielx | Jun 20, 2017 |
good mystery - mixed up novel @ 2 lifes, wives
in vitro clinic
  christinejoseph | Jan 18, 2016 |
I'd never read anything by her before -- this was one of my mom's books. It was a pretty good story. The characters were a little 2-dimensional, but overall OK. ( )
  AliceAnna | Oct 21, 2014 |
no rating, prior to recording
  Carole-Ann | Aug 6, 2014 |
I am not as big as fan of Mary Higgin Clark as i am of other but her books this one included do keep you on the edge of your seat. They have a bit more romance to them than i would like but if you like that then this is all for you.
  Bettyb30 | Jun 24, 2013 |
His honour rooted in dishonour stood,
And Faith unfaithful kept him falsely true.
~Alfred, Lord Tennyson
For my newest grandchild
Jerome Warren Derenzo
"Scoochie"
With love and joy.
Meghan Collins stood somewhat aside from the cluster of other journalists in Emergency at Manhattan's Roosevelt Hospital.
ISBN 0671673661 is for the book; not the movie

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671888587, Mass Market Paperback)

The murdered woman could have been her double. When reporter Meghan Collins sees the sheet-wrapped corpse in a New York City hospital, she feels as if she's staring into her own face. And Meghan has troubles enough already without this bizarre experience. Nine months ago, her much-loved father's car spun off a New York bridge. Now, investigators are saying that there's no trace of his car in the river, and they suspect he faked his own death. With frightening speed, links start to appear between Meghan's father and her dead lookalike. Meghan may be in danger herself, but she's determined to find the truth to the mystery. In a nightmare journey spiraling from New York to Connecticut to Arizona, Meghan finds that the truth can sometimes be deadly.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:34 -0400)

A young news reporter on assignment at a large metropolitan hospital is horrified when she sees that a young Jane Doe whom paramedics have failed to save has a face identical to her own. The author whose phenomenal blockbusters have sold more than 25 million copies in the U.S. writes a relentlessly terrifying novel about a reporter dragged into her family's hidden past--a chilling web of secrets and betrayals where nothing is as it seems, and the truth may be too devastating to pursue.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,198,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible