The Classic Treasury of Aesop's Fables…

The Classic Treasury of Aesop's Fables

by Don Daily

I really liked this book. While reading it, it felt very nostalgic. My parents used to read me fables before bedtime when I was younger so it was nice to relive them as an adult. They have more meaning and underlying messages that I now realize, reading them 18-20 years later. I really like the structure of this book and how each chapter is a different fable. These fables are classic and memorable, as they have been adapted and retold in various forms. The illustrations in this book are very detailed and beautiful, it really helped visualize the story, even as an adult. The vivid pictures would make for a great read for children. This is a great resource for teaching children morals. The big idea/message of this book is to entertain, while also emphasizing moral concepts through fairytale. ( )
  nfiore5 | Mar 31, 2016 |
There were many message and morals in this book because it had a variety of fables within it. My favorite one is about the lion and the mouse. One of my favorite things about this book is that it went through different types of morals. Another thing I liked was that it had different characters for each fable. It was not the same type of animal for each. ( )
  rjayne2 | Oct 23, 2014 |
Aesop’s wonderfully illustrated classic fables of the animals including The Tortoise and the Hare, Lion and the Mouse and Goose who laid the Golden Egg. This book has some of the more recognizable to lesser known fables included and there are 20 different fables in total. ( )
  JenRobYoung | Nov 30, 2010 |
"Aesop's Fables" is an interesting twist on traditional tales. There are many stories included in this book. Some of the stories enclosed are "The Ass and the Grasshopper," "The Bull and the Bullfrog," and "The Lion and the Mouse." These stories tell tales of animals learning lessons the hard way.

"Aesop's Fables" is a very interesting read. While reading these stories to the children, they seemed to be perplexed. These fables made them think about the situations at hand. It was as if you could see the lightbulb turning on as the fables were being told. The fables are short, so I could read a couple at a time. Therefore, the children were exposed to many life lessons in a short period of time.

This book could be used in many instances. Since the book contains many fables, for instance, if there were a situation in class where many students were having problems with a certain subject area the tale "The Crow and the Pitcher," could be a stepping stool for reading about Crow using his mind and not giving up to gain what at first seemed impossible, getting the water out of the pitcher. ( )
  mlboliver | Sep 15, 2010 |
This is more of a description than a review: includes 20 classic Aesop fables, each with beautiful, colorful illustrations; has been described as a "treasure for all readers".
  swilson722 | Jul 15, 2009 |

In The Classic Treasury of Aesop's Fables, there are twenty tales, each told through a series of lush, colorful pictures, which end with the simple moral, evoked in a single sentence. Children will love to see what befalls Aesop’s cast of creatures that includes dogs, mice, and lions, proving that no one is too big or small to learn a thing or two.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:22 -0400)

An illustrated collection of twenty fables originally told by the Greek slave, Aesop.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,491,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible