Off Season by Anne Rivers Siddons

Off Season

by Anne Rivers Siddons

I got quite involved with this woman's life, from childhood to the end. Quite sad at times, but also very full of life and love, both romantic and familial. ( )
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
Wow! My first encounter with Siddons certainly won't be my last! He story of a woman who returns to the scene of her formative years (on the Maine coast) following the death of her husband was a treat. ( )
  VashonJim | Sep 5, 2015 |
As with all of her books I find them hard to get into but once I'm there I don't want to let go of the people I've met and loved within the pages of her stories. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
I have enjoyed lots of Siddons' other novels and just the way she writes. The ending to this, however, left me perplexed??? I was totally unprepared for the ending but maybe I should have been expecting something like this. The audio had a completely different cover---a large house on a rocky beach. Jane Alexander as the reader was part of what made this such good listening material. Okay, just checked some other reviews after writing mine---looks like a lot of us agree about the ending and about a couple of holes that didn't get touched beyond a mention. ( )
  nyiper | Sep 2, 2014 |
Just unable to get into the book. Wrong timing and genre I think ( )
  nancynova | Apr 19, 2014 |
After the first death, there is no other. -- Dylan Thomas
For Cynthia and David, who know why, or should
From where you leave Interstate 95 at Bangor to trace
the jumble of state and county roads over to the coast around Sedgwick, your driving time can range from an hour or so in fine, bright weather to an anxious, creeping three and a half in dense fog. On this day in early July, I made it in just over an hour, a shorter time than, if I remembered correctly, Cam ever had.

Acclaimed novelist Anne Rivers Siddons's new novel is a stunning tale of love and loss.

For as long as she can remember, they were Cam and Lilly--happily married, totally in love with each other, parents of a beautiful family, and partners in life. Then, after decades of marriage, it ended as every great love story does...in loss. After Cam's death, Lilly takes a lone road trip to her and Cam's favorite spot on the remote coast of Maine, the place where they fell in love over and over again, where their ghosts still dance. There, she looks hard to her past--to a first love that ended in tragedy; to falling in love with Cam; to a marriage filled with exuberance, sheer life, and safety-- to try to figure out her future.

It is a journey begun with tender memories and culminating in a revelation that will make Lilly re-evaluate everything she thought was true about her husband and her marriage.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:26 -0400)

"Anne Rivers Siddons tells the beautiful, tragic, and redemptive story of a woman who searches for meaning after her husband dies"--Provided by publisher.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,760,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible