Empress of the World

by Sara Ryan

Series: Empress of the World (1)

7381922,606 (3.59)18
While attending a summer institute, fifteen-year-old Nic meets another girl named Battle, falls in love with her, and finds the relationship to be difficult and confusing.

This book was really cute. I really liked seeing Battle and Nicola's relationship develop. The only thing that detracted from my enjoyment of this book is that Nicola seemed to think that she was probably bi/still figuring it out but her friends kept pushing the lesbian label on her. ( )
  thefairybookhoarder | Oct 7, 2020 |
Frothy and lightweight, but sweet. ( )
  elenaj | Jul 31, 2020 |
There weren't really a lot of GLBTQ YA books when I was growing up, so this was one of the first I actually read, given to me by my then girlfriend. It's a really solid book, with a very real feel to it. ( )
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
Nicola Lancaster is spending her summer at the Siegel Institute, a hothouse of smart, intense teenagers. She soon falls in with Katrina (Manic Computer Chick), Isaac (Nice-Guy-Despite-Himself), Kevin (Inarticulate Composer) . . . and Battle, a beautiful blond dancer. The two become friends--and then, startlingly, more than friends. What do you do when you think you're attracted to guys, and then you meet a girl who steals your heart? A trailblazing debut, reissued with an introduction by acclaimed author David Levithan, and copious back matter, including three graphic novel stories by Sara Ryan (and artists Steve Leiber, Dylan Meconis, and Natalie Nourigat) about the characters.
  Cultural_Attache | Jul 21, 2018 |
At a summer college program for gifted high school students, Nic experiences her first lesbian relationship with Battle.
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |

Sara Ryanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Levithan, DavidIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Sara Ryan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,532,699 books! | Top bar: Always visible