The Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan…

The Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume Two

by Greg Cox

Star Trek, The Eugenics Wars, Vol. 2, The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh by Greg Cox – In volume one of this trilogy Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln destroyed the underground eugenics lab and rescued Khan Noonien Singh and the other genetically enhanced children. Then we saw them trying to guide and control Kahn as a teenager and young adult. In volume two, Kahn is an extremely egotistical adult who ruthlessly attempts to seize power on a global scale. We see him evolve into a megalomaniac who tries to control the world. However, some of his genetically enhanced comrades exercise their own power and refuse to bow to Khan as their leader. Khan’s struggle for power and his uncontrollable ego lead him to actions that put the entire population of Earth in danger. Seven and Lincoln battle to save the human race. It’s a well-written and compelling novel that includes suspenseful action, fascinating scientific content, many interesting characters and a satisfying conclusion. I look forward to reading the third novel in this series. ( )
  clark.hallman | Jun 9, 2014 |
I don't usually read Star Trek fan fiction, but these books were fun. Following around Gary Seven through through the 70's 80's and 90's in an 'Avengers (British)' style action adventure SF series relating to the coolest Trek villain was a lot of fun. ( )
  ACGalaga | Jan 17, 2011 |
Greg Cox wrote the Eugenics Wars, vols 1 & 2. While I enjoy science fiction, I was leery of novels written about tv shows. My sister used to read them in high school, so I had read "Pearls of Lutra" and a couple of others, but never being much of a Star Trek fan to begin with, they were books that I rarely picked up to read. My friend, Linda, handed me vol 1 a couple of years ago. I finally picked it up and read it last school year. I was astounded. Star Trek connection notwithstanding, it's a really good book! When I finally returned it to her, I asked if she had the sequel. She waited a few months and then brought it to me. I think the first was better, but then I did kind of skim this one as I'm really backed up on some required reading. Cox nails the personalities of the familiar characters from the original show and does an excellent job creating a cohesive story which with all the Star Trek fiction out there cannot be an easy task.

Now, I'm not saying, "go out and buy/read/be brainwashed by Star Trek fiction", but should you pick one up, if it's by Greg Cox, the quality will probably be a lot higher than you expect and you'll while away a few good hours in a parallel universe.
Originally posted October 7, 2005
  kconcannon | Sep 26, 2007 |
The conclusion of Greg Cox's Star Trek story dealing with Khan Noonien Singh's rise to power in 20th century Earth, and eventual fall at the hands of Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln. Particularly intriguing to the erudite Star Trek fan, the story incorporates several other elements of the Star Trek mythos in a believable and interesting fashion. ( )
  burnit99 | Jan 6, 2007 |
A prince should therefore have no other aim or thought, nor take up any other thing for his study, but war and its organization and discipline, for that is the only art that is necessary to one who commands.
--Machiavelli, The Prince
Dedicated to the people and city of New York, who have survived worse than the Eugenics Wars
Captain's log, stardate 7004.1
Our diplomatic mission to the Paragon Colony on the planet Sycorax has erupted into a full-scale crisis - and a potential disaster.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743406443, Mass Market Paperback)

Book two of the compelling and fast-paced saga which charts the rise and fall of Khan Noonien Singh -- one of Star Trek's most complex and powerful villains. Earth, late twentieth century. The story continues...The Chrysalis project -- an international consortium of scientists who have developed a group of genetically engineered men and women designed with superior intellect, strength and will -- have unwittingly unleashed a force which will prove their undoing. Designed to lead Earth into the twenty-first century, their experimental super-race has instead become Earth's nemesis. For the disarmingly brilliant but ruthless Khan has gradually asserted his superiority even over his fellow enhanced creations. No longer content to simply adjust the course of Earth's destiny here and there, his drive has reached a frightening maturity: he is determined to seize control of the entire planet. Gary Seven, extraterrestial agent, together with his human colleague Roberta Lincoln, finds himself the final line of defence in a brutal struggle for the future freedom of Earth -- can they prevent Khan from attaining his goal of total domination?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:16 -0400)

Captain James T. Kirk must find the origins of the Eugenics Wars. One result of the Eugenics Wars was one generation of super-human children ; one in particular, Khan Noonien Singh.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,493,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible