The Little Engine That Could: 60th…

The Little Engine That Could: 60th Anniversary Edition (original 1930; edition 1990)

by Watty Piper, George Hauman, Doris Hauman

Member:Heather710
Title:The Little Engine That Could: 60th Anniversary Edition
Authors:Watty Piper
Other authors:George Hauman, Doris Hauman
Info:Grosset & Dunlap (1990), Edition: 60 Anv, Hardcover, 48 pages

The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper (1930)

English (144)  Italian (1)  All (145)
This is a short little picture book about a train that is told she cannot pull over the mountain like her other large friends could. The little train is asked to pull the train over the mountain. She agrees while repeating "I think I can. I think I can" to encourage herself to conquer her mountain. She puts aside all her fears and struggles to push herself to be the best that she can be. ( )
  Logan.Nault | Apr 24, 2017 |
The childhood story of perseverance when people don't believe in you. The engine telling himself that he can do it and finishing his goal is an inspirational message to young children. ( )
  GaryJohnson5 | Apr 16, 2017 |
I'm fond of this classic tale. Such a good brave message. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Mar 14, 2017 |
I love this book! It is so encouraging and teaches students that if they really want something and they work hard, they can accomplish their dreams. I can't wait to read this to my future class. ( )
  Madima6781 | Nov 30, 2016 |
I have always loved this book and think it is great to read to a class. It is very cute and has such a great message from the story. From reading this as a little girl to reading it in my class I have grown to love it more and more. The message of not giving up and setting your mind to saying you can do something is such a great message to tell students. I am definitely going to read this in my future classroom!
  MacyMoonshower | Nov 15, 2016 |
I'm fond of this classic tale. Such a good brave message.

Watty Piperprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hauman, DorisIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hauman, GeorgeIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lenski, LoisIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Moseley, KeithIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sanderson, RuthIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walz, RichardIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
No dedication
Chug, chug, chug. Puff, puff, puff. Ding-dong, ding-dong, ding-dong. The little train rumbled over the tracks.
This is the complete version of the children's classic story and should not be combined with "Easy-to-read", boardbook, or other adaptations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0448405202, Hardcover)

The unknowing progenitor of a whole generation of self-help books, Wally Piper's The Little Engine That Could is one of the greatest tales of motivation and the power of positive thinking ever told. In this well-loved classic, a little train carrying oodles of toys to all of the good boys and girls is confronted with a towering, seemingly impassable mountain. As nicely as they ask, the toys cannot convince the Shiny New Engine or the Big Strong Engine--far too impressed with themselves--to say anything but "I can not. I can not." It is left up to the Little Blue Engine to overcome insurmountable odds and pull the train to the other side. The Little Engine That Could is an entertaining and inspirational favorite, and the Little Blue Engine's rallying mantra "I think I can--I think I can" will resonate for a lifetime in the head of every child who hears it. (Ages 4 to 8))

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:13 -0400)

When the other engines refuse, the Little Blue Engine tries to pull a stranded train full of dolls, toys, and good food over the mountain.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0448405202, 0399244670

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,784,254 books! | Top bar: Always visible