The Little Engine That Could: 60th…

The Little Engine That Could: 60th Anniversary Edition (original 1930; edition 1990)

by Watty Piper, George Hauman, Doris Hauman

4,947141927 (4.09)54
Member:Heather710
Title:The Little Engine That Could: 60th Anniversary Edition
Authors:Watty Piper
Other authors:George Hauman, Doris Hauman
Info:Grosset & Dunlap (1990), Edition: 60 Anv, Hardcover, 48 pages

The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper (1930)

Recently added bycesdemo
Legacy LibrariesPresidential Study (1997), Marilyn Monroe

I love this book! It is so encouraging and teaches students that if they really want something and they work hard, they can accomplish their dreams. I can't wait to read this to my future class. ( )
  Madima6781 | Nov 30, 2016 |
I have always loved this book and think it is great to read to a class. It is very cute and has such a great message from the story. From reading this as a little girl to reading it in my class I have grown to love it more and more. The message of not giving up and setting your mind to saying you can do something is such a great message to tell students. I am definitely going to read this in my future classroom!
  MacyMoonshower | Nov 15, 2016 |
This is an excellent book about persevering. It sends a great message to all kids. It shows that all one might need is a little encouragement to get a task done. ( )
  farrarsmith | Nov 15, 2016 |
This book is a classic that teaches children to never give up. The little engine just needs encouragement from himself and others to accomplish his task. This would make an excellent bedtime story to leave children feeling inspired. ( )
  MaryHannahSwan | Nov 10, 2016 |
Everyone knows the story of this optimistic, ever persistent little train. An instant classic, this book should be read by children for years to come, no matter how old it is. ( )
  TaylorDarnell | Nov 7, 2016 |

Moseley, KeithIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sanderson, RuthIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walz, RichardIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
No dedication
Chug, chug, chug. Puff, puff, puff. Ding-dong, ding-dong, ding-dong. The little train rumbled over the tracks.
This is the complete version of the children's classic story and should not be combined with "Easy-to-read", boardbook, or other adaptations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0448405202, Hardcover)

The unknowing progenitor of a whole generation of self-help books, Wally Piper's The Little Engine That Could is one of the greatest tales of motivation and the power of positive thinking ever told. In this well-loved classic, a little train carrying oodles of toys to all of the good boys and girls is confronted with a towering, seemingly impassable mountain. As nicely as they ask, the toys cannot convince the Shiny New Engine or the Big Strong Engine--far too impressed with themselves--to say anything but "I can not. I can not." It is left up to the Little Blue Engine to overcome insurmountable odds and pull the train to the other side. The Little Engine That Could is an entertaining and inspirational favorite, and the Little Blue Engine's rallying mantra "I think I can--I think I can" will resonate for a lifetime in the head of every child who hears it. (Ages 4 to 8))

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:13 -0400)

When the other engines refuse, the Little Blue Engine tries to pull a stranded train full of dolls, toys, and good food over the mountain.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0448405202, 0399244670

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,626,457 books! | Top bar: Always visible