A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas

A Wallflower Christmas

by Lisa Kleypas

Recently added byDeleine, lovelypenny, crookedletter, private library, TheYodamom, GanneC, Irena., ghadah1, Marcella1717

I tried I got to 94 % and quit this book. I loved the other books in the series but this short Christmas special just bored me to tears. ZZZZZ and tears T^T

Okay so we meat Lillian's brother, who we have never met before in the series. He has to marry a peer to collect on his inheritance from his father's company. Everything is set up, the peer, is also somebody we have never heard from before, and she is as exciting as dirt to him. Oh but there is somebody else he falls almost instantly in lust/love with and she make him lose everything he thought he wanted. Guess, what happens, yep predictable.
It all happened too quick, to easy and way to predictable for me. I missed the banter from the earlier books and the familiarity of the characters. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
A Christmas love story isn't usually this heavy. And again Lillian and her issues ruined it almost completely. I liked Rafe Bowman a lot, but Hannah took her sweet time to show why I should like her.

Still, it would have been a lovely story if Lillian's insecurity regarding her husband hadn't reared its ugly head. There wasn't a single reason why that should be in a story like this. The moment that happened, even if it does not actually play any role whatsoever (to be fair), I lost my interest and just read through to get to the end.

The best part of the story is Rafe's letter.
If you are interested in snippets of Lillian, Daisy, Annabelle and Evie and their husbands, read this. Otherwise, you won't miss much if you skip it. ( )
  Irena. | Jan 28, 2016 |
Short but sweet. I liked Rafe, although his realization that he loves Hannah is a little bit too sudden for my linking. The Wallflowers and their husbands are present, but in a nice way and they don't take over the story.

Negative: the price. I waited nearly four years for the price to come down from more than twice the price of a normal novel - for a mm novella! Even at the new price I think this novella was still too expensive. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Heartwarming, lovely romance with hero Rafe Bowman planning on marrying one girl (Natalie) but falling in love with another (Hannah Appleton).

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I loved Rafe, he was sexy, handsome, and charming. He was Lillian and Daisy's brother from America. The Bowman's made their fortune from a soap-manufacturing business and it is being arranged (by their families) that Rafe marry Natalie (Rafe's father is really pushing the marriage.) Rafe finds Natalie pleasing and thinks the marriage would be alright, but while he spends a few weeks at Stony Cross Park in Hampshire for a few weeks visiting relatives for the Christmas holidays he finds himself falling for Natalie's cousin/chaperone, Hannah Appleton. Hannah was a wonderful heroine, sweet and outspoken at times. She was also very warmhearted. I liked when she read "A Christmas Carol" to the children in the library. And I laughed at the part when she tried to help a distraught little boy retrieve Rafe's father's toupee out of the large/tall Christmas tree.

This was a short and sweet romance with a cute epilogue. Another winner by Lisa Kleypas! ( )
  SandraLynne | Jan 19, 2016 |
Another enjoyable story involving relative of Wallflower women ... had me frequently reminiscing fun scenes from previous books
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
To Jennifer Enderlin, who has so many personal graces; wisdom, talent, beauty, and generosity of spirit. Thank you for bringing so much joy to my life and work.

Love always,
LK
Once there were four young ladies who sat at the side of every ball, soiree, and party during the London season.

The Wallflowers are four young ladies in London who banded together in their wild and wickedly wonderful searches for true love. Now happily married, they join together once again to help one of the world’s most notorious rogues realize that happiness might be right under the mistletoe.…

It’s Christmastime in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady in waiting and, if it weren’t for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed. Before the courtship can begin, Rafe realizes he must learn the rules of London society. But when four former Wallflowers try their hand at matchmaking, no one knows what will happen. And winning a bride turns out to be more complicated than Rafe Bowman anticipated, especially for a man accustomed to getting anything he wants. However, Christmas works in the most unexpected ways, changing a cynic to a romantic and inspiring passion in the most timid of hearts.

A Wallflower Christmas takes a trip to Victorian London, under the mistletoe, and on a journey of the heart. With her trademark charm, sensuality, and unforgettable characters, there’s no one like Lisa Kleypas to make you believe in the magic of Christmas.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:53 -0400)

It's Christmastime in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady in waiting and, if it weren't for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed. Before the courtship can begin, Rafe realizes he must learn the rules of London society. But when four former Wallflowers try their hand at matchmaking, no one knows what will happen. And winning a bride turns out to be more complicated than Rafe Bowman anticipated, especially for a man accustomed to getting anything he wants.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,088,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible