A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas

A Wallflower Christmas

by Lisa Kleypas

English (39)  Czech (1)  All languages (40)
I wanted to get into this book but it just dragged to much for me that I ended up not finishing it. =0/ ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
I thought I can't fall in love with the wallflowers any harder, but really Lisa Kleypas writing is charming and the book is amazing, and I can't wait for more of the wallflowers, and i am so happy that lillian had one of the bigger roles in the new book bcoz she is the best ex-wallflower ever.

Wealthy entrepreneur Rafe Bowman has come to London to marry Lady Natalie, an aristocratic bride who will help to further his ambitions. But two things stand in his way : Lady Natalie's disapproving companion Hannah . . . and Rafe's passion for a woman he should not want and can never have . . . ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I tried I got to 94 % and quit this book. I loved the other books in the series but this short Christmas special just bored me to tears. ZZZZZ and tears T^T

Okay so we meat Lillian's brother, who we have never met before in the series. He has to marry a peer to collect on his inheritance from his father's company. Everything is set up, the peer, is also somebody we have never heard from before, and she is as exciting as dirt to him. Oh but there is somebody else he falls almost instantly in lust/love with and she make him lose everything he thought he wanted. Guess, what happens, yep predictable.
It all happened too quick, to easy and way to predictable for me. I missed the banter from the earlier books and the familiarity of the characters. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Short but sweet. I liked Rafe, although his realization that he loves Hannah is a little bit too sudden for my linking. The Wallflowers and their husbands are present, but in a nice way and they don't take over the story.

Negative: the price. I waited nearly four years for the price to come down from more than twice the price of a normal novel - for a mm novella! Even at the new price I think this novella was still too expensive. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
To Jennifer Enderlin, who has so many personal graces; wisdom, talent, beauty, and generosity of spirit. Thank you for bringing so much joy to my life and work.

Love always,
LK
Once there were four young ladies who sat at the side of every ball, soiree, and party during the London season.
Information from the Portuguese (Portugal) Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.

The Wallflowers are four young ladies in London who banded together in their wild and wickedly wonderful searches for true love. Now happily married, they join together once again to help one of the world’s most notorious rogues realize that happiness might be right under the mistletoe.…

It’s Christmastime in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady in waiting and, if it weren’t for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed. Before the courtship can begin, Rafe realizes he must learn the rules of London society. But when four former Wallflowers try their hand at matchmaking, no one knows what will happen. And winning a bride turns out to be more complicated than Rafe Bowman anticipated, especially for a man accustomed to getting anything he wants. However, Christmas works in the most unexpected ways, changing a cynic to a romantic and inspiring passion in the most timid of hearts.

A Wallflower Christmas takes a trip to Victorian London, under the mistletoe, and on a journey of the heart. With her trademark charm, sensuality, and unforgettable characters, there’s no one like Lisa Kleypas to make you believe in the magic of Christmas.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:53 -0400)

It's Christmastime in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady in waiting and, if it weren't for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed. Before the courtship can begin, Rafe realizes he must learn the rules of London society. But when four former Wallflowers try their hand at matchmaking, no one knows what will happen. And winning a bride turns out to be more complicated than Rafe Bowman anticipated, especially for a man accustomed to getting anything he wants.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,000,061 books! | Top bar: Always visible