Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Blood Ties by Lori G. Armstrong

Could not bring myself to like the main character at all. Otherwise the story was okay. ( )
  RecklessReader | Jan 24, 2016 |
Loved this book the suspense was excellent it lead you in all different ways but lead you to a wonderful ending ( )
  Fairydragonstar | Mar 30, 2013 |
I don't like the main character and I don't like the book. The characters and the storyline are shallow and unappealing. Unfortunately, I already purchased the other books in the series. The artwork draws you in and the summary on the back cover beguiled me with the arrival of an intriguing new heroine who actually turns out to be a dud. ( )
  AlmaB | Feb 25, 2010 |
Main character, Julie Collins is too angst ridden and self destructive for my taste. I hope the next book we see the character coming to terms with her problems and moving the heck on. I liked the story and the locale, however. ( )
  readinnut | Feb 8, 2009 |
Death has nipped at my heels like a disobedient dog since I was fourteen.
Prologue: Death has nipped at my heels like a disobedient dog since I was fourteen.

Julie Collins is stuck in a dead-end secretarial job with the Bear Butte County Sheriff’s office, and still grieving over the unsolved murder of her Lakota half-brother. Lack of public interest in finding his murderer, or the killer of several other transient Native American men, has left Julie with a bone-deep cynicism she counters with tequila, cigarettes, and dangerous men. The one bright spot in her mundane life is the time she spends working part-time as a PI with her childhood friend, Kevin Wells. When the body of a sixteen-year old white girl is discovered in nearby Rapid Creek, Julie believes this victim will receive the attention others were denied. Then she learns Kevin has been hired, mysteriously, to find out where the murdered girl spent her last few days. Julie finds herself drawn into the case against her better judgment, and discovers not only the ugly reality of the young girl’s tragic life and brutal death, but ties to her and Kevin’s past that she is increasingly reluctant to revisit. On the surface the situation is eerily familiar. But the parallels end when Julie realizes some family secrets are best kept buried deep. Especially those serious enough to kill for.

Still grieving over the unsolved murder of her Lakota half-brother, Julie Collins feels the killer, thought to have killed other Native American transients, will never be caught. When the body of a 16-year-old white girl is found, Julie believes that someone will finally attempt to catch the fiend responsible.… (more)

Medallion Press

4 editions of this book were published by Medallion Press.

Editions: 1932815325, 1934755893, 1605428809, 1605425478

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,487,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible