Larry and the Meaning of Life by Janet…

Larry and the Meaning of Life (2008)

by Janet Tashjian

The third Larry book. I didn’t like this one much at all. It was slightly suspenseful and curious as I was reading it, but the ending was kind of hokey and the whole story fell apart for me there. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Dec 26, 2016 |
Josh feels lost after (barely) losing a presidential election and searching for his ex-girlfriend for 6 months. When a guru finds him on Walden Pond, he joins his other students in spite of him reservations. Not the best of the Larry books. So implausable that the final twist was completey predictable, yet still dissapointing. ( )
  welkinscheek | Jan 20, 2009 |
My in-depth review of this book (with major spoilers) appears here: http://amysreviews.blogspot.com/2008/11/larry-and-meaning-of-life.html ( )
  amysisson | Nov 30, 2008 |
Josh Swensen has gone through many trials to try to change the world. First he started his own website under the pseudonym Larry and spoke out against things he didn't believe in, consumerism being one of them (in The Gospel According to Larry). Then he ran for president, at nineteen years old (in Vote for Larry). Now he is down in a slump, he doesn't know what else he could do, other than try to help the world. That is, until he meets Gus, his new Guru. But is Gus' training enough to get Josh out of the major slump he's in?

I love this series. Josh seems like a normal teenager with normal friends, and then he trys to change the world, and the funny thing is his techniques just might work. The books are very nicely written, with little footnotes thrown in. And the characters are amazingly realistic. (I don't exactly know how to word the next part without giving anything away, so bear with me). The only part i didn't like was the character's reaction to the climax. I do think the ending worked out good, and the series was overall amazing. ( )
  midnighttwilight101 | Oct 23, 2008 |
Not my favorite of the Larry books but still very good. I was very worried about the tone of the book until the very end. I thought I saw where things were going but I couldn't tie it all together. (that's why I'm not the writer here) I can't wait to hear more about what Larry is up to now. ( )
  razzbelly | Aug 21, 2008 |

Josh Swensen (otherwise known as Larry) can’t seem to get off the couch. His usual overactive imagination and save-the-world mindset have all but vanished, and his best friend Beth is seriously worried.When Beth coaxes Josh into taking a walk at Walden Pond, Josh meets Gus Muldarian, a spiritual guru who convinces him to join his study group as a way to find deeper meaning in life. Josh thinks Gus is a joke. Still, feeling desperate and seeing no way out of his rut, he agrees to try it. What begins as a harmless Thoreau-esque search for meaning soon turns into Josh’s most chaotic and profound adventure yet.

After the success of The Gospel According to Larry and Vote for Larry, Janet Tashjian returns with yet another tour de force—a book that explores important topics and will keep teens hooked right until the unexpected end.

www.thegospelaccordingtolarry.com

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:01 -0400)

Larry (otherwise known as Josh) is in the doldrums, but after meeting a spiritual guru at Walden Pond who convinces him to join his study group, he starts to question his grasp of reality.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,157,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible