Dark Delicacies II: Fear by Del Howison

Dark Delicacies II: Fear

by Del Howison (Editor), Jeff Gelb (Editor)

Other authors: Peter Atkins (Contributor), L.A. Banks (Contributor), Gary Brandner (Contributor), Max Brooks (Contributor), Tananarive Due (Contributor)13 more, John Farris (Contributor), Ray Garton (Contributor), Barbara Hambly (Contributor), John Harrison (Contributor), Glen Hirshberg (Contributor), Caitlin R. Kiernan (Contributor), Greg Kihn (Contributor), Joe R. Lansdale (Contributor), Robert Masello (Contributor), Steve Niles (Contributor), Joey O'Bryan (Contributor), James Sallis (Contributor), Harry Shannon (Contributor)

Series: Dark Delicacies (2)

Mainly decent contemporary horror stories. Names I recognized: Barbara Hambly (vampire on the Titanic, which is both funnier and more horrifying than you might think); Joe Lansdale (gore), Tananarive Due (purely mental horror), L.A. Banks (the only one I hated, because of the premise “lots of criminals get off on ‘technicalities’” that was not redeemed by later “humans shouldn’t disregard the law” noises), Greg Kihn (forgettable, but I do know his name!), and Caitlin Kiernan (serial killer loves the violin). ( )
  rivkat | Mar 18, 2012 |
Did not finish it. First few stories bored me.
  aichaku | Feb 22, 2012 |
The inside of the book claims to have 20 stories, then another page claims to have 19, but I only counted 18 stories - of which I found 11 to be pretty good. There's something for everyone in here: a vampire, a crazy demon-dog, a creepy mausoleum, torture/experimentation, a monster brought to life, a drunk driver paying the price, a ghost, a musical instrument made from a dead girl, and one story - about a man about to get everything he wants - was so tragic, I lost sleep that night thinking about the story over and over. Also, while not a story itself, the Introduction by Del Howison was so fun to read, it made it even more exciting to move on to the stories inside the book. If only I could make a dark and stormy night on command...I am definitely intrigued to see what the first book (Dark Delicacies) holds. ( )
  MrsLara | Aug 24, 2009 |

O'Bryan, JoeyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sallis, JamesContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shannon, HarryContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Harryhausen, RayForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441016286, Mass Market Paperback)

Original anthology of horror stories.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:33 -0400)

More original tales of terror and the macabre by the world's greatest horror writers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,525,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible