Lonely Planet Ecuador & the Galapagos…

Lonely Planet Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

by Rob Rachowiecki

In preparation for a visit to Ecuador in 1994 (visiting a friend in Peace Corps), I devoured this book and many others from the library. This is one of two I bought to take with me. It darn near saved my life! ( )
  karen5l | Oct 29, 2006 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 174104295X, Paperback)

Climb the snow-capped peak of Volcán Chimborazo, the most distant point from the center of the Earth. Get up close and personal with capuchin monkeys in the central plaza of Misahuallí. Step back in time at Ingapirca, Ecuador’s finest example of Inca architecture. Take in the surf scene on the south coast. Sophisticated cities, glaciated volcanoes, the lush Amazon Basin – our inimitable guide gives you access to all the treasures of exotic Ecuador and the Galápagos Islands.

Go Wild – special chapter on Galápagos wildlife by noted nature writer David Andrew helps you identify the many species unique to the islands.

Venture Out – expanded focus on activities, adven­ture and ecotravel, plus a dedicated Itineraries chapter to help you explore this compact yet varied country.

Get Smart – comprehensive History and Culture chapters provide insight into Ecuador’s volatile political landscape and vital indigenous communities.

Walk The Walk – discover the colonial charms of Quito and Cuenca with our detailed maps and walking tour.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:42 -0400)

This edition has an expanded focus on activities, adventure travel and ecotourism. It contains a special chapter on the island's unique wildlife, plus in-depth coverage of the popular Ruta del Sol. Previous ed.: published as by Rob Rachowiecki, Danny Palmerlee.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,069,756 books! | Top bar: Always visible