The Horus Killings by P. C. Doherty

The Horus Killings (original 1999; edition 2002)

by P. C. Doherty

Member:beaniebear
Title:The Horus Killings
Authors:P. C. Doherty
Info:Berkley (2002), Paperback, 288 pages
Collections:Your library, Mysteries and Crime
Rating:***
Tags:Egyptian Mystery

The Horus Killings by P.C. Doherty (1999)

Recently added byPhxDan, private library, moonlitgarden, Marie_Powell

English (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (4)
Second in the Ancient Egyptian mysteries series. When multiple murders occur in the sacred Horus Temple, Judge Amertoke is asked to help solve and stop the murders.
This is a great time period for intrigue and mystery. This particular story takes place during the tumultuous reign of Queen Hatshepsut as she struggled to become the first woman Pharoah of Egypt. The plot and suspects are entertaining enough as in the time period and setting. What is also interesting is that as a judge the main protagonist sees other cases that we get glimpses of, sort of mini-mysteries themselves. I'm enjoying this series and on to the next one soon. ( )
  FMRox | Jul 24, 2011 |
This is the second book in Amerokte, a priest of Ma'at, who investigates killing and other offences like this as a priest of order. It's in the period of Hatusu, a female pharoah in the 18th Dynasty and evokes the world and period. The priests are to determine if it's right that Hatusu is pharoah as a woman, and suddenly some of them start to die.

It's an interesting series with some interesting characters, it possibly needed some reminders of who people were and why they were as it was a while since I read the last book so my brain didn't quite catch up for a while. The mystery was fairly twisted and involved and I enjoyed the read,. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Apr 9, 2011 |
I know very little about ancient Egypt so it took me a while to get into the story, but once I did I enjoyed the story, which has a few subplots. ( )
  alice443 | Jul 17, 2008 |
Eater of Hearts: a demon in the Egyptian Hall of Judgement.
My thanks to Grace (GIG).
The sand-wanderer climbed down from his dromedary; its yellow and red saddle and harness were covered in fine dust, rather tattered and battered since the sand-wanderer had taken it from the corpse of a royal messenger who had lost both his way and his life in the arid Red Lands to the east of the city of Thebes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425182932, Mass Market Paperback)

Egypt's first Pharaoh-Queen must solve a spate of killings before she can assume her throne...

"Ancient Egypt fans...will want to catch up with this series on the double." (Booklist)

"A rare example of historical crime fiction that ...doesn't give suspense short shrift." (Publishers Weekly)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:39 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible