Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Behind the Scenes with America's Test Kitchen 2008

by America's Test Kitchen Editors

Includes recipes, cooking techniques, solutions to common problems, taste tests and ratings of products used in cooking.

What is it about America's Test Kitchen that takes the romance out of cooking? I know that I learn a lot from their fastidious technique illustrations (like Goldilocks, there are the not quite, just right, and too much), but still, maybe it is my prejudice against the stiff Yankee appearance of the editor I just can't warm to it too much. This does not mean that I don't devour my issue of the magazine every time it comes, and I especially like the reviews of gadgets and ingredients.

I tried the recipe for blueberry scones, and even when I skipped half of the technique (lots of rolling out the dough, cutting tidily into triangles) they came out lip smacking good. ( )
  paakre | Apr 27, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,662,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible