Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God…

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God (original 2008; edition 2013)

by Francis Chan, Chris Tomlin (Foreword), Danae Yankoski (Contributor)

"God is love. Crazy, relentless, all-powerful love. Have you ever wondered if we're missing it? It's crazy, if you think about it. The God of the universe--the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor--loves us with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love. And what is our typical response? We go to church, sing songs, and try not to cuss. Whether you've verbalized it yet or not ... we all know something's wrong. Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts--it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same. Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything"--Cover verso.… (more)
Member:Kirk1810
Title:Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
Authors:Francis Chan
Other authors:Chris Tomlin (Foreword), Danae Yankoski (Contributor)
Info:David C. Cook (2013), Edition: New, Revised and Updated Edition, Paperback, 224 pages
Collections:Salvation / The Gospel, Christian Growth / Discipleship
Rating:*****

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan (2008)

English (47)  Slovak (1)  All languages (48)
So, this book is apparently groundbreaking in the evangelical community. Maybe so. And if so, fine, though that may led credence to Mark Noll's thesis that the scandal of the evangelical mind is that there isn't one. But that is not a knock on Chan's message that the gospel is radical and should affect everything we do. Content-wise, there is nothing here I haven't heard more deeply and expositorily from pulpits on the Kuyperian side of the CRCNA (Christian Reformed Church in North America) for 50 years. The style is different than what I am used to--very informal, more of a transcript of a series of talks than chapters of a book. Lots of admonitions to go look things up on the web and watch videos before continuing to read, which was annoying--if I am reading a book, I don't want to have to go pull out my phone or laptop. In sum, the message was in no ways anything new or deep. But this book was probably not written with me as the intended audience, and I appreciated what he was trying to do. For an evangelical Christian who doesn't read a lot, this may be life changing. And that would be a good thing. ( )
  ckadams5 | Jun 19, 2019 |
  ckadams5 | Jun 19, 2019 |
God is love. Crazy, relentless, all-powerful love. Have you ever wondered if we're missing it? It's crazy, if you think about it. The God of the universe--the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor--loves us with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love. And what is our typical response? We go to church, sing songs, and try not to cuss. Whether you've verbalized it yet or not ... we all know something's wrong. Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts--it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same. Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.
  StFrancisofAssisi | May 20, 2019 |
You have to enter this book with an open mind and an open heart for us to really get the message Chan is trying to convey. What I got out of it was truth, the truth of Christianity and how it is presented in the Western world compared to others. I had to swallow that truth, reflect on my shortcomings with my relationship with God, and now I'm trying to figure out what my next move should be. I don't think a massive, drastic change is in the works for me at the moment, but I know that I'll be well on my way there by following God's light. ( )
  thursbest | Nov 13, 2018 |
I got this book as a gift from my sister who loves the book. No offense to her, but it seems her tastes in reading material is vastly different from mine! Wasn’t a fan of this book. 🤷🏼‍♀️ ( )
  emeraldgirl68 | Sep 30, 2018 |

Francis Chanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Yankoski, DanaeAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Tomlin, ChrisForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my best friend, Lisa,
for being a godly, gorgeous, excellent wife and mother
What if I said, "Stop praying"?

Have you ever wondered if we're missing it?

It's crazy, if you think about it. The God of the universe-the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor-loves us with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrifi cing love. And what is our typical response? We go to church, sing songs, and try not to cuss.

Whether you've verbalized it yet or not.we all know something's wrong.

Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts-it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same.

Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.

Learn more about Crazy Love at www.crazylovebook.com

Check out Francis Chan's video blog at francischanblog.blogspot.com.
The creator of nitrogen and pine needles,galaxies and E-minor---loves us with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love. God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with himself.
Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts — it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,623,137 books! | Top bar: Always visible