Tiptoe Into Kindergarten by Jacqueline…

Tiptoe Into Kindergarten (edition 2003)

by Jacqueline Rogers (Author), Jacqueline Rogers (Illustrator)

Member:Laceyjo10
Title:Tiptoe Into Kindergarten
Authors:Jacqueline Rogers (Author)
Other authors:Jacqueline Rogers (Illustrator)
Info:Cartwheel (2003), Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:kindergaten, shyness, change, transition, fear, classroom, teacher, school

Tiptoe Into Kindergarten by Jacqueline Rogers

Cute story about a little girl who sneaks into a kindergarten class. She gets to see what all the other kids get to see: a positive experience of school and the classroom.

This story was simple, and easy to read, with only a few words per page. It would be great for the first day of school for young kiddos.

Classroom Extensions:
1. Draw a classroom map, similar to the one found in the book, and label all the major centers.
2. Create a classroom routine with the entire class, and hang where it can be visible daily.
  JenniferSaville | Mar 24, 2014 |
Summary:
This book is about a little girl who goes to Kindergarten. She is very quiet and does not want to be seen or heard. She does all different types of activities by herself.

Personal Reaction:
This book reminded me of my little brother. He is in Kindergarten this year and he was really shy when he first started.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. In my classroom, I could use this book to teach my students that they don't have to be shy in school.
2. In my classroom, I could use this book as an introduction to Kindergarten.
  shellbierose | Mar 11, 2014 |
Summary: it's about a little girl in Kindergarten. She is very nervous. She eventually realizes the classroom is a safe, fun place to be. Later she takes a nap and her mother comes to get her.

Personal reaction: this would be a good story to read to little kids in kindergarten. It had a lot of pictures to entertain the kids.

Classroom extensions:
-you could read this to the kids on the first day
-have the kids draw pictures about how they are feeling
-get the kids to interact with each other
  ChelseyPowers | Feb 12, 2014 |
Summery:
This quick read is a wonderful story about a preschoolers big adventure to her older brothers kindergarten classroom, and all the wonderful activities she see's and does.

Personal Reaction:
I enjoyed reading this short story, and the watercolors were very entertaining!

Classroom Extension:
This would be a great read for the first day of school to introduce all of the different stations in a classroom and how they work.
The students could use watercolors to paint their new classroom on the first day of school.
  MaryKateCollins | Nov 19, 2013 |
Summary:
This book was about a young girl who was going into kindergarten for the first time. She was very scared but she learned to make friends and love kindergarten.

Personal Reaction:
Since I'm hopefully going to be teaching kindergarten, I thought this book could be very useful to be on my first day of class.

Classroom Extensions:
1. Read this book to kids during the first circle time of the first day of class.
2. Have kids journal about a time they were scared and then realized things weren't so bad.
  JasmineOehler | Oct 27, 2013 |

This story about a preschooler's day in her big brother's kindergarten classroom is now in paperback!

Using oil pastels, watercolors, and inks in a loose and friendly painting style, Jacqueline Rogers lovingly depicts a curious preschooler who tiptoes into a kindergarten classroom. There, the little girl discovers a wonderful world of paints and puzzles, blocks and books.
The rhythmic text and warm, happy environment of TIPTOE INTO KINDERGARTEN welcome children who are fearful of kindergarten as well as those who are eager to begin.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:22 -0400)

A young preschooler accompanies her big brother to kindergarten and discovers a fun atmosphere, full of blocks and books, paints and puzzles.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,732,211 books! | Top bar: Always visible