The Raven And Other Poems by Edgar Allan Poe

The Raven And Other Poems (edition 2002)

by Edgar Allan Poe

Member:whitefantom
Title:The Raven And Other Poems
Authors:Edgar Allan Poe
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (2002), Mass Market Paperback, 80 pages
Rating:*****

The Raven and Other Poems by Edgar Allan Poe

An absolute master of verse and prose ( )
  MathewBridle | May 4, 2015 |
I love Edgar Allen Poe. ( )
  SaraEllen | Dec 15, 2011 |
It was very slow and calm in the beginning not to much excitement. It didn’t have my attention but I read it to see if I would understand it a little more then what I thought about it. I had given up on this book because I wasn’t finding any interest and I didn’t really understand its way of explaining things or what they were doing. Yea, there were some good parts in the book I am not going to lie but not to the point where I wanted to read more about it. It’s a good book for those who are into like poem type readers or those who know how to read in the way they talked back then as like in ‘Romeo and Juliet.’ It has some mystery that is quit interesting. In some moments when I wasn’t reading the book I read the poems in the back of the book to see what they were about. They were long and not to the point. I had to read it a few times before I actually got what he was talking about. ( )
  nm.spring08.j.huapeo | May 30, 2008 |

Edgar Allan Poeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doré, GustaveIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haley, BrookIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Neill, John ReaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
Nevermore.

Love. Death.
Welcome to the weird and intense world of Edgar Allan Poe. Inside you will find dark midnights, mysterious tappings, and countless dead souls.
Terror lives here. So does unrest.
From the immortal word of the raven to the mournful tomb of Annabel Lee, Poe's work abounds with eerie thoughts and strange sensations. Read on, and you will enter the heart of your deepest fears...
The bleak December,
night black as a raven's wing -
love comes nevermore.
- Michael Rimmer

Features 41 of Poe's most memorable poems — among them "The Bells," "Ulalume," "Israfel," "To Helen," "The Conqueror Worm," "Eldorado" and "Annabel Lee" — reveal the extraordinary spectrum of Poe's personality and his virtuoso command of poetic language, rhythms and figures of speech. A selection of the Common Core State Standards Initiative.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:53 -0400)

A collection of twenty-six poems by nineteenth-century American poet Edgar Allen Poe.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,675,029 books! | Top bar: Always visible