How to Be Single by Liz Tuccillo

How to Be Single

by Liz Tuccillo

English (15)  Swedish (1)  All (16)
I went into this book with a completely different take on what this book was going to be like and was a bit disappointed. I was expecting more of a laugh out loud comedy but that's not what this was. Yes there were funny parts but it was more depressing than funny. Not my favorite but an okay book. ( )
  karenvg3 | Mar 19, 2018 |
How To Be Single by Liz Tucillo ( )
  Calavari | Sep 28, 2016 |
Fun novel. A woman getting over her break up decides to travel around the world and see how other cultures handle break ups and dating. Her friends join her at various stops. Good beach read. ( )
  bookwormteri | Aug 28, 2015 |
I like that this book did not have the chick-lit/romance happy ending. Throughout the book the people Julie talks to push her to think about love and what she believes. Is it a numbers game, the more you are out there the better your chances? or is it more magic than that?

I think that Liz Tuccillo actually went to all the places in this book, and talked to women around the world about being single. ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
The author worked on Sex and the City and cowrote He's Just Not That Into You, but I just wasn't that into this book. Julie takes an international road trip to research singledom around the world, and has many adventures. The foreign settings and people just didn't do it for me. ( )
  ennie | Feb 22, 2014 |

On a brisk October morning in New York, Julie Jenson, a single thirty-eight-year-old book publicist, is on her way to work when she gets a hysterical phone call from her friend Georgia. Reeling from her husband's announcement that he is leaving her for a samba teacher, Georgia convinces a reluctant Julie to organize a fun girls' night out with all their single friends to remind her why it is so much fun not to be tied down. But the night, which starts with steaks and martinis and ends with a trip to the hospital, becomes a wake-up call for Julie. Because none of her friends seems to be having much fun right now. Fed up with the dysfunction and disappointments of being single in Manhattan, Julie quits her job and sets off to find out how women around the world are dealing with this dreaded phenomenon. From Paris to Rio to Sydney, Bali, Beijing, Mumbai, and Reykjavi;k, Julie falls in love, gets her heart broken, sees the world, and learns more than she ever dreamed possible.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,406,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible