Shift by Jennifer Bradbury

by Jennifer Bradbury

Member:Lumekatti
Title:Shift
Authors:Jennifer Bradbury
Info:Atheneum Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 272 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Fiction, Read in 2012, Coming of age, cyckling

Shift by Jennifer Bradbury

thukpa | Feb 6, 2016 |
  thukpa | Feb 6, 2016 |
  thukpa | Feb 5, 2016 |
I found Shift by Jennifer Bradbury an interesting story of two young boys who, after graduating high school and before leaving for university, take a bike trip across the United States. When only one boy returns and resumes his life, questions arise as to the whereabouts of the other.

Told in a combination of flashbacks and current time, we learn about the boys, Chris and Win, what the trip means to both and where they feel they are going in life. When Win continues to be missing, an FBI investigation is launched and this investigation appears to be centered on Chris.

This is more of a story of relationships than a true mystery. As the details of the trip are revealed, the reader has a very good idea of what happened to Win. I enjoyed the story and my only quibble is that I felt the ending was a little to simplified. I should qualify this complaint with the allowance that this is a YA story and meant for a far younger audience than I. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Aug 1, 2014 |
I enjoyed this book. It keeps your attention from start to finish. Its a story about two young men from different background that set out on a bike ride across country. ( )
  rgleason14 | Jul 9, 2013 |

When best friends Chris and Win go on a cross country bicycle trek the summer after graduating and only one returns, the FBI wants to know what happened.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 1,845 books! | Top bar: Always visible