Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites:…

by Moosewood Collective

Member:amyandroland
Title:Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites: Flavorful Recipes for Healthful Meals
Authors:Moosewood Collective
Info:Clarkson Potter (1996), Paperback, 465 pages

Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites: Flavorful Recipes for Healthful Meals by Moosewood Collective

I am glad I borrowed this from the library. I did NOT like this cookbook at all. The recipes didn't seem appealing, there were no pictures (though pictures are not a requirement for my cookbooks), and I felt like the book played heavily on the renown of the restaurant. Until I picked up the cookbook, I'd never heard of the restaurant. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |
A wonderful fabulous cookbook. Highly recommended for vegetarians. I've tried quite a number of the recipes here and they are very good. When I cook for non-vegetarians (who enjoy eating something besides pizza or burgers) I reach for this book. ( )
  rdphillippi | May 23, 2009 |
This is a really useable book with tons of delicious low-fat (not an oxymoron here!) vegetarian recipes, suggestions for alternatives, and no glossy photos to make me feel bad when I drip stuff onto it. The font makes it easy to read while its lying on the counter (another plus for utility), and the simple colors make it aesthetically pleasing. This is an everyday cookbook which generally uses everyday and accessible ingredients - none of this going to the ends of the earth for an ingredient that sounds like Dr. Seuss made it up and only grows on the top of the mountain Ishkabibble. Can't recommend this cook book enough, and have already given it to all my parents and siblings. Watch out friends and family, you know what's in your near-future! ( )
  bfertig | May 19, 2009 |
Chapters are pasta, soups, breakfasts, nutrition facts & cooking tips with glossary (pg 397), fish=yes, beef=no. There are good suggestions for recipe combos. I like the nutrition analysis. ( )
  cookebooks | Jan 1, 2008 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0517884941, Paperback)

The first Moosewood Cookbook--loved for its cozy, comforting food--mused oil, eggs, and dairy products so lavishly that it was extensively revised in 1992 to fit our changing diet. Now, the Moosewood Collective takes an even more extreme step: recipes in Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites are so intentionally healthful that they put the word right on the cover of this chubby book filled with lean recipes (many dishes get the fat down to a modest 16-17% of their total calories). Still, the 280-plus recipes offer the bold, pan-ethnic flavors that have won the Moosewood Collective cookbooks so many fans.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:55 -0400)

When Moosewood Restaurant first opened its doors in 1973, its vegetarian-inspired menu was hailed as a breakthrough in healthful cooking. The cooks set out to devise recipes that are virtuously low in fat, yet never compromise on flavor. The triumphant result is more than 300 tempting dishes that continue the Moosewood tradition of innovative, enticingly seasoned fare, served up in generous portions. Best of all, these easy-to-prepare recipes use only all-natural, wholesome ingredients, with absolutely no artificial additives or substitutes. Packed with insightful analyses of current nutritional findings and guidelines on cooking lighter, plus menu plans and a comprehensive guide to ingredients and techniques, Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites is sure to become the most often-referred-to volume on the health-conscious cook's bookshelf.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,518,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible