Lady Midnight (Signet Eclipse) by Amanda…

Lady Midnight (Signet Eclipse) (edition 2005)

by Amanda McCabe (Author)

Member:Karin7
Title:Lady Midnight (Signet Eclipse)
Authors:Amanda McCabe (Author)
Info:Signet (2005), 416 pages
Rating:***
Tags:kapk, american authors, romance, historical romance, fiction, novel

Lady Midnight by Amanda McCabe

Italian Katerina Bruni wakes up on a beach with no memory other than her name, but during her convalescence in a kindly local's home, she remembers who she is, where she was and what happened. Everyone who knew her will be sure she is dead, so she chooses to change who she is and so change her life. We next see her when she, going by the name of Mrs. Kate Brown, apparently a widow, arrives to be a governess in a remote part of England, hired to teach the six year old daughter and fifteen year old sister of a widower. But it doesn't take long for some to wonder if Kate Brown is exactly who she appears to be, and, naturally, in a romantic suspense, danger lurks even as forbidden romance and love are building.

I was in just the right mood to read this, and so gave it three stars. It brought me back to my Victoria Holt days, but by an American author and not quite as hands off as the Victoria Holt novels I read. If you enjoy historical romantic suspense, then this is probably a book for you. ( )
  Karin7 | Jul 9, 2016 |
A story of love, loss and new beginnings is well told in this wonderful historical romance.

Kate Brown, born Katerina Bruni, was raised to follow in the footsteps of her famous courtesan mother until one fatal day when she finds herself thrown onto the beach after a tempest at sea destroys the ship she was sailing on. Taking the opportunity to begin a new life she heads to England and becomes governess to Amanda, the daughter of the widow Michael Lindley, and hopes for the best. There is growing friendship and eventually love and also the past to deal with – in more ways than one.

I enjoyed this book and would like to thank eBook Discovery for the copy in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  CathyGeha | Jun 19, 2016 |
Longer Regency about an almost-courtesan who starts a new life after a shipwreck. Really good job with the emotions, and I hope there'll be a sequel about the hero's younger sister. There's a story there. ( )
  Darla | Dec 18, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451215036, Mass Market Paperback)

The daughter of an infamous courtesan, Katerina has lost everyone she loves in a tempest off the coast of Italy. Now, claiming to be a governess, she finds herself falling for a handsome widower. But just as they give in to the desire that knows no words, a stealthy enemy plots his revenge-and their newborn passion is tested.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:00 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,122,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible