The Way of Shadows (The Night Angel Trilogy)…

The Way of Shadows (The Night Angel Trilogy) (edition 2008)

by Brent Weeks

Member:brina243
Title:The Way of Shadows (The Night Angel Trilogy)
Authors:Brent Weeks
Info:Orbit (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 688 pages

The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (Kassilem)
    The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (simon211175)
    The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie (ghilbrae)
    A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin (MarcusH)
    MarcusH: A fantasy epic that while not dealing with magic still is reminiscent of the inner workings of a political structure.
    Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling (Kaelkivial)
    Kaelkivial: Master apprentice relationship between assassins and saboteurs. Heavy political ramifications, intrigue and deception/disguises, magic is present but not all encompassing. Note: Way of Shadows much darker than Luck in the Shadows.
    The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller (generalkala)
    Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb (Norwegianbear)
    Norwegianbear: if you are into "Assassin" fantasy stuff

English (77)  Hungarian (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  Icelandic (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (82)
coworker loaned me this book with his recommendation.

This is your typical assassin with a heart story. There is an element of magic thrown in, a dash of destiny, and just a hint of enduring love. It was interesting enough that I wanted to finish the book, but not interesting enough to want to read the sequels.

If you're a fan of this story type, I would recommend it. Just be warned that it's 645 pages. ( )
  Velmeran | Jan 1, 2015 |
The Way of Shadows is a good book. As far as dark fantasy goes, it isn't my favorite, but it is a good book. I really liked the ending, and felt it justified alot of the trials and tribulations the characters go through over the course of the novel. The plot is really intricate, and it's damn well written.

For anyone who has read Among Thieves by Douglas Hulick, or The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett, then this is definitely worth a look. I'm eager to read the next part in the series! ( )
  Illise_Montoya | Sep 28, 2014 |
I love this author! I was fortunate enough to meet him at WorldCon 2011, he signed all my books and was super cool to talk to! ( )
  kpevjen | Sep 17, 2014 |
  kpevjen | Sep 17, 2014 |
With as much blood and gore as a John Webster play this book is not for the faint-hearted. Through the mire however weaves a story of sin and repentance, love and sacrifice and a complex web of life-altering decisions in which each character (even those seemingly insignificant) play their part. This is a book about choice and consequence in its rawest form. ( )
  themus | Aug 2, 2014 |

Brent Weeksprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boehmer, PaulNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Kristi, Confidante, companion, best friend, bride. They're all for you.
Azoth squatted in the ally, cold mud squishing through his bare toes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316033677, Mass Market Paperback)

For Durzo Blint, assassination is an art-and he is the city's most accomplished artist.

For Azoth, survival is precarious. Something you never take for granted. As a guild rat, he's grown up in the slums, and learned to judge people quickly - and to take risks. Risks like apprenticing himself to Durzo Blint.

But to be accepted, Azoth must turn his back on his old life and embrace a new identity and name. As Kylar Stern, he must learn to navigate the assassins' world of dangerous politics and strange magics - and cultivate a flair for death.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:39 -0400)

Determined to escape the Warrens, Azoth seeks out Durzo Blint, the city's most ruthless assassin, to persuade him to take him on as an apprentice and to teach him the deadly Way of Shadows.

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,806,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible