There's a Wocket in My Pocket! by Dr. Seuss

There's a Wocket in My Pocket! (original 1974; edition 1974)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:jbittn1
Title:There's a Wocket in My Pocket!
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1974), Hardcover, 36 pages
Collections:K-2nd grade readers, Modern Fantasy, Picture Books

There's a Wocket in my Pocket! by Dr. Seuss (1974)

'Not a Doctor' Read the New Yorker article on Seuss Seuss was an artist with all the usual cluelessness. as the context for a genius which 'he did not know that he knew'. People were a mystery, but he zeroed in on specific features and his aim was unerring..He really neither knew nor liked real kids (and had none) but he knew what they wanted.
  brendanus | Oct 12, 2018 |
I liked this book for younger audiences. Its creative and fun but repetitive. great pictures and as always great rhyming. ( )
  dgillu1 | Oct 3, 2018 |
The BEST Dr. Seuss book! LOVE it! ( )
  SarahGraceGrzy | Oct 2, 2018 |
Very cute art in this one. ( )
  bness2 | May 23, 2017 |
4 stars ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
Did you ever have the feeling there's a WASKET in your BASKET?
Sometimes I feel quite CERTAIN there's a JERTAIN in the CURTAIN.

"There's a Wocket in my Pocket!" is a story written by Dr. Seuss, which means it is another example of a story that makes no sense, but is fun to read. The story is silly that includes rhymes to help add to the silliness. Through this story, children will also practice word identifications, meaning being able to find words that are simple in spelling and sounding. Children will enjoy this story and its made up words.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394829204, Hardcover)

There's a Wocket in my Pocket is yet another prime catch in the vast sea of delectable Dr. Seuss books. It's difficult to find a Dr. Seuss book one wouldn't recommend highly, and this is no exception. Seuss's simple rhymes are consistently as amusing as they are useful; his books are bastions of creative nonsense that simultaneously encourage the joy of wordplay.

This edition of the 1974 treasure features vibrant full-color illustrations, with the added bonus of a virtually indestructible board-book format. Kids can hunt for the zamp in the lamp, the jertain behind the curtain, even the nooth grush on the toothbrush, and no matter how exuberant their exploring gets, the book will remain intact for the next reading. (Ages 0 to 4)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:50 -0400)

A household of unusual creatures help beginning readers recognize common "household" words.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,630,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible