Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5
by Steven P. Shelov (Editor)
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English (1)
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 055338290X, Paperback)The organization that represents the nation’s finest pediatricians and the most advanced research and practice in the field of child health answers all your medical and parenting questions. Here is sound, reassuring advice on child rearing that covers everything from preparing for childbirth to toilet training to nurturing your child’s self-esteem. Here, too, is an indispensable guide to recognizing and solving common childhood health problems, plus detailed instructions for coping with emergency medical situations.
Comprehensive, accurate, and doctor-approved, Caring for Your Baby and Young Child provides the very latest state-of-the-art information, including:
• Basic care from infancy through age five
• Guidelines and milestones for physical, emotional,
social, and cognitive growth
• A complete health encyclopedia covering injuries, illnesses,
congenital diseases, and other disabilities
• Guidelines for prenatal and newborn care with sections
on maternal nutrition, exercise, and screening tests during pregnancy
• An in-depth guide to breastfeeding, including its benefits,
techniques, and challenges
• A complete guide for immunizations and updated information
on vaccine safety
• A guide for choosing child care programs and car safety seats
• Ways to reduce your child’s exposure to environmental hazards,
such as tobacco smoke
• New sections on grandparents, stay-at-home dads,
computers and the Internet, and much more
Caring for Your Baby and Young Child is an essential child care resource for all parents who want to provide the very best for their children—and the one guide pediatricians routinely recommend and parents can safely trust.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:18 -0400)
Provides advice for parents of children ages five and under, discussing how to prepare for a new baby, childbirth, basic care, feeding, growth and development, behavior and safety issues, sleep, allergies, and other topics; and features an encyclopedic guide to recognizing and solving health problems.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.