The Knife of Never Letting Go: Chaos…

The Knife of Never Letting Go: Chaos Walking: Book One (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Patrick Ness

3,7692871,383 (4.06)1 / 406
Title:The Knife of Never Letting Go: Chaos Walking: Book One
Authors:Patrick Ness
Info:Candlewick (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 496 pages

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (2008)

English (279)  French (3)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (286)
What I loved most about this book is that the Todd tells everything just as it is happening, so it's very suspenseful and exciting.

I can't imagine someone not liking this book. I am giving it to EVERYONE, -adult, kid, male, female- that comes into my library, and everyone has loved it. I just started The Ask and the Answer (#2 of Chaos Walking).

Do NOT! I repeat. Do not look ahead in this book. I knew that one day I would regret being a flipper aheader. I will never do it again, as long as I live.

Note for librarians:
Perfect for middle school, high school, and adult which is rare.

celesteporche | Sep 23, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this and read it in 2 sittings. Found the style and the"noise" a bit difficult at first but soon adapted to it. ( )
  infjsarah | Aug 29, 2016 |
Solidly written coming of age fantasy with great world building and characters who appear to be growing and changing. ( )
  kale.dyer | Aug 16, 2016 |
fuck me, that was amazing. ( )
  thebookmagpie | Aug 7, 2016 |
I feel so weird DNFing this book because so many people loved it. I read about 50% of it before deciding that I just couldn't keep going with it. From the beginning I couldn't really get into it or connect with the characters. The only character I found myself caring about was Manchee and I saw some spoilers that bad things happen so I am just done with it.
This book just wasn't for me.
  pennma05 | Jul 21, 2016 |
added by lucyknows | editSCIS (pay site)

Patrick Nessprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Podehl, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence.
George Eliot, Middlemarch
For Michelle Kass
The first thing you find out when yer dog learns to talk is that dogs don't got nothing much to say.

Silence in the noise,
questing and learning to trust,
dangerous New World.
Todd Hewitt is the
last boy in Prentisstown. What
will make him a man?

Todd Hewitt is the only boy in a town of men. Ever since the settlers were infected with the Noise germ, Todd can hear everything the men think, and they hear everything he thinks. Todd is just a month away from becoming a man, but in the midst of the cacophony, he knows that the town is hiding something from him -- something so awful Todd is forced to flee with only his dog, whose simple, loyal voice he hears too. With hostile men from the town in pursuit, the two stumble upon a strange and eerily silent creature: a girl. Who is she? Why wasn't she killed by the germ like all the females on New World? Propelled by Todd's gritty narration, readers are in for a white-knuckle journey in which a boy on the cusp of manhood must unlearn everything he knows in order to figure out who he truly is.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

Pursued by power-hungry Prentiss and mad minister Aaron, young Todd and Viola set out across New World searching for answers about his colony's true past and seeking a way to warn the ship bringing hopeful settlers from Old World.

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763639311, 0763645761

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,764,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible