Another Life by Andrew Vachss

Another Life (2008)

by Andrew Vachss

Series: Burke (18)

Number 18 in the Burke series.
  OSLCTopeka | Oct 14, 2010 |
The last of the Burke novels and while not the best (since when does Burke reference Buffy the Vampire Slayer) tis still sad to say goodbye to such an interesting man and the family he chose. ( )
  kanata | Apr 11, 2010 |
I have loved Vachss work since "Flood" but it feels like, with "Another Life", Burke has reached his end. It's enjoyable when characters age through a series however now when reading about the exploits of the family, you wonder how they can keep up with younger criminals rather than focus on what the story is saying. Read earlier books for a better grasp of who Burke is and what he stands for.
  elwood_mom | Feb 9, 2009 |
After loving the other Burke books, I must say that I was rather disappointed by this one. It was still a page turner, and of course I love the characters, but I just did not find this book to be as strong as previous ones. There were poignant moments that I thoroughly enjoyed, but on the whole I was not impressed with this book, especially if it is truly the last Burke book. ( )
  moonstormer | Feb 9, 2009 |

When the two-year-old son of a Saudi prince is kidnapped, Burke, the ultimate man-for-hire, is forced into a journey that will change the lives of the urban survivalist and his outlaw family forever.

Andrew Vachss is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

21 wanted2 pay9 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,652,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible