Angels, Satan And Demons by Robert Lightner

Angels, Satan And Demons (edition 1998)

by Robert Lightner

Member:HowHop
Title:Angels, Satan And Demons
Authors:Robert Lightner
Info:Thomas Nelson (1998), Hardcover, 228 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Christian, Systematic Theology, Demonology, Angels, Satan, Spiritual Warfare

Angels, Satan And Demons by Robert Lightner

Having no familiarity with the author, I was unsure what to expect from Angels, Satan, and Demons but, overall, I was impressed. Very convincingly, Robert Lightner sheds the light of Scripture onto a popular subject often distorted by subjectivism, New Age spirituality, and biblical eisegesis. Even though his case suffers mildly at times from a dispensational hermeneutic, his commitment to the Scriptures as the basis for understanding the spiritual world makes this a worthwhile read. One minor criticism, I have is that I sometimes wished that he would have fleshed out some of his points a little more. What did it mean, for example, that Christ was ministered to by the angels, and how would he explain someone's perceived experiences with angels which do not line up with the Bible's teachings? Aside from this, I found Lightner's book informative and very readable. I especially profited from his arguments against the unbiblical "deliverance" ministries and popular spiritual warfare theology. I am glad to have Angels, Satan, and Demons in my library. ( )
  HowHop | Nov 7, 2012 |

The supernatural world is getting a lot of attention these days in books, movies and television series. But what does the Bible say about these other-worldly beings? Robert Lightner answers these questions with an in-depth look at the world of the "invisible" as expressed in Scripture.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:21 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,131,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible