Twin sombreros, by Zane Grey by Zane Grey

Twin sombreros, by Zane Grey (1940)

by Zane Grey

Title:Twin sombreros, by Zane Grey
Authors:Zane Grey
Info:New York, Walter J. Black, Inc. (no date), Edition: N.D., Hardcover
Tags:western, childhood memories

Twin Sombreros by Zane Grey (1940)

The story held promise at first but the absurd plot line which took over the last hundred pages involving the twins almost had me tossing this one aside before completion. In addition, I just could not believe in, nor get interested in any of the main characters. Brazos Keene -- invincible with the gun, and irresistable to every woman in Las Animas -- all raving beauties, of course -- was just not someone I cared reading about. Had he been more human, and not so much of a Wild West superhero who never appeared to be in mortal danger, I might have enjoyed this more. Nevertheless, I'll give Mr. Grey another chance to interest me before I give up on him for good. ( )
  HowHop | Jul 2, 2011 |
Twin Sombreros, (1940), Western -- Sequel to Knights of the Range; Walter J. Black, Inc., Zane Grey Book Club Matched Set, hardcover, 1975?
  2wildravens | Jul 27, 2007 |
THE SUN hung gold and red above the saw-toothed, snow-tipped ramparts of the Colorado Rockies. On a bluff across the sunset-flushed Purgatory River a group of Indians sat their mustangs watching the slow, winding course of a railroad train climbing towards the foothills.

Sequel to The Knights of the Range.

Falsely accused of murdering Allen Neece, cowboy Brazos Keene had narrowly escaped a lynch mob. With his name at last cleared, Keene discovered that Neece's twin sisters had lost their ranch and were struggling unsuccessfully to run a restaurant. Brazos made a pledge to track down their brother's killers and get the ranch back. So he became target practice for a band of ruthless rustlers. But Brazos also found himself hopelessly in love with both twins!… (more)

6 avail.1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,866,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible