Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (edition 2003)
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English (1)
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553381156, Paperback)What you need to know to have the best birth experience for you. Drawing upon her thirty-plus years of experience, Ina May Gaskin, the nation’s leading midwife, shares the benefits and joys of natural childbirth by showing women how to trust in the ancient wisdom of their bodies for a healthy and fulfilling birthing experience. Based on the female-centered Midwifery Model of Care, Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth gives expectant mothers comprehensive information on everything from the all-important mind-body connection to how to give birth without technological intervention.
Filled with inspiring birth stories and practical advice, this invaluable resource includes:
• Reducing the pain of labor without drugs--and the miraculous roles touch and massage play
• What really happens during labor
• Orgasmic birth--making birth pleasurable
• Episiotomy--is it really necessary?
• Common methods of inducing labor--and which to avoid at all costs
• Tips for maximizing your chances of an unmedicated labor and birth
• How to avoid postpartum bleeding--and depression
• The risks of anesthesia and cesareans--what your doctor
doesn’t necessarily tell you
• The best ways to work with doctors and/or birth care providers
• How to create a safe, comfortable environment for
birth in any setting, including a hospital
• And much more
Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth takes the fear out of childbirth by restoring women’s faith in their own natural power to give birth with more ease, less pain, and less medical intervention.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:45 -0400)
A leading authority on midwifery offers expectant mothers an alternative to hospital birthing, explaining how to create a mutually supportive relationship among birth-care providers and make informed choices.
(summary from another edition)
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.