Dark Embrace (Masters of Time) by Brenda…

Dark Embrace (Masters of Time) (edition 2008)

by Brenda Joyce

Member:sue5boys
Title:Dark Embrace (Masters of Time)
Authors:Brenda Joyce
Info:HQN Books (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Dark Embrace (Masters of Time) by Brenda Joyce

Joyce revisits her Masters of Time Series with Aiden, the Wolf of Awe and, and with the murder of his son by his father Moray we find him a bitter man filled with rage and the desire to die. Brie Rose is an empath who feels the pain from Aiden across centuries (he is a highland warrior, she a modern day New Yorker). Based on a prior meeting she thinks she is in love with him but believes herself to be too plain and boring to receive love in return. My biggest problem with this book is that I really liked the Aiden of prior books and would have liked to see more of him, but the plot of this novel only showed us the wimpy man that was so hurt all he cared for was death and destruction. I just couldn't get into it that well. The ending did have some redeeming qualities. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
This was my least favorite book in this series and I was surprised because in the ensuing books I was really looking forward to Aidan's story. I like Aidan but I absolutely disliked Brianna Rose's character. Not quite sure what her love was based on and I found her to be too clingy and weak for Aidan. This was not a good match whatsoever. I would have liked to see him with a more fiesty woman. ( )
  risadabomb | Nov 8, 2009 |
Time travel, magic, sexy Highland Warriors, strong modern women, action, suspense, good versus evil, steamy love scenes, tears, and even laughs--you'll find all of these and more in Brenda Joyce's amazing Master of Time/Rose Trilogy. Sounds like a perfect combination, right? Hell Yeah!

I loved her previous two books, and this one was no different! Aidan, Wolf of Awe, is one of the mysterious and very powerful Master of Times. Though he used to be a good, caring person, all of this changed when his father, an evil demon, killed his son and turned him to the dark side...or so it seems. But when his pain and suffering transcends centuries and thousands of miles, flooding Brianna Rose with the raw feelings, his life will change.. forever.

Despite the fact that everyone says there is no hope, that the Wolf of Awe is a soulless half-demon, much like his father, Brie refuses to believe this. Besides her crush on him, which is quickly escalating into something eerily similar to love, Brie can feel not only his 'evil' emotions but also the ones that hint towards his old self, both of which have given her hope that if she can only heal him, everything will be fine.

If only it was that easy, right? The journey to their happily-ever-after is very difficult and twisted, road blocks popping up all the time. But no worries-- along the way you will enjoy many other amazing scenes, conversations, laughs, and yes, even a few very lusty love scenes that will have you fanning yourself AND sighing at their love, which, though it is not two sided yet *This is before the 'happily-ever-after' part, remember?* and has it's bumps, is still lovely nonetheless. And the struggle between both father *Aidan* and son *Ian* is almost heart-breaking and very intense...In fact, until the very end, you, along with the characters in the book, are not even sure if the two will ever be reunited.... *Oops.. I've said too much. Sorry!*

5/5 STARS! A great story line, written by a wonderful author, and delivered flawlessly, Dark Embrace will keep you sitting on the edge of your seat, anxiously waiting to see what will happen next, and not only between Aidan and Brie-- you'll find yourself meeting old friends from the previous books and new ones that will have their own books soon enough. A delightful and delicious romance filled with paranormal and Highlanders galore! I can't wait until the next book! ( )
  The_Book_Queen | Oct 22, 2008 |
Ohh my. I want a Master of Time for myself, please. "Dark Embrace" is Brenda Joyce's third book in this series and her hero in this book is as tormented, conflicted, and sexy as any I've read about!

Aiden has lived with the memory of the death of his son, killed by Aiden's father, for 66 years now. Since that day, he has turned aside from saving Innocents and embraced the lust for power for one reason and one reason only...to hunt his father, Moray, through time, find him, and kill him. His ability to feel and love died that day and he hasn't missed it at all...until Brianna.

Brianna has a crush on a Master of Time she's seen once! How pathetic can she get? But she's a Rose, and she lives for her research work so she really doesn't need a man. Heck she'll probably die a virgin! Then one night she's awakened by a horrible cry, and somehow she knows it's Aiden...and his horrific pain is so terrible it's reached across time and is killing her. Her one-sided love and empathy have created a connection to Aiden that she can't seem to break. When she's attacked in the present day, Aiden somehow can't ignore her cry and saves her. Then kidnaps her and takes her back to his time, 1502 Scotland.

If you've read the first two books "Dark Rival" and "Dark Seduction", then I don't have to tell you to go get this book. If you haven't read this series and you like hot, hunky Scottish giants with paranormals powers and the ability to 'go' all night...what are you waiting for? These guys are the ultimate Alpha males and Scottish...in kilts. Have you left yet? When they finally succumb to love, it's a love for the history books (literally) and they have plenty of experience to keep their women blissfully happy. These aren't stories to change your life or make you ask deep psychological questions. They're just darn good hot and sexy romances. I'm in. ( )
  jjmachshev | Sep 7, 2008 |
"A Highlander with no clan, no father but Satan's spawn and ye still war for land? 'Tis not land ye need, Lismore, "Argyll spat. "Ye need a father and a soul."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037377334X, Mass Market Paperback)

Aidan, the Wolf of Awe, has abandoned the Brotherhood and forsaken his vows. Feared by all and trusted by none, he hunts alone, seeking vengeance against the evil that destroyed his son. He has not saved an Innocent in sixty-six years—until he hears Brianna Rose's scream of terror across centuries, and leaps to modern-day Manhattan to rescue her.…

Brie is a gifted empath who spends her time fighting evil from the safety of her laptop—and fantasizing about the medieval Highlander she met just once. Still, her life is pretty ordinary—until she awakens one night consumed with Aidan's pain and rage. When Aidan suddenly appears and takes her hostage, Brie cannot believe how dark and dangerous he has become. She knows she should be afraid, but instead, she will fight across time for his redemption…and his love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:41 -0400)

Aidan, the Wolf of Awe, has abandoned the Brotherhood and forsaken his vows. He has not saved an innocent in years--until he hears Brianna Rose's screams and leaps to modern-day Manhattan to rescue her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,628,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible