Requiem (Brethren Trilogy 3) by Robyn Young

Requiem (Brethren Trilogy 3)

by Robyn Young

English (9)  French (1)  All (10)
Interesting version of the Fall of the Templars. ( )
  jerry-book | Jan 26, 2016 |
""
  rouzejp | Sep 2, 2015 |
This is the 3rd book in the Brethren trilogy about the Knights Templar. I didn't like this book as much as the first 2 books. I thought it dragged in parts and could have told the conclusion in a lot less pages. ( )
  TomWheaton | Jul 4, 2010 |
The first thing that I noticed was the difference in ambiance in this third book being in Europe, whereas books 1 and 2 had at least some sections that were in the Middle East.
I couldn't help but think that Will and Simon and Rose and any other significant good guy character can usually count on some amazing good luck to get out of any of the really bad scrapes. Just like in western movies, the bad guys are terrible shots with a gun (or a sword), and the massive number of guards in any prison where a good guy is held captive still can't stop the good guy from slipping out the door. I guess I'm ok with that but I wonder how many times that happens in real life.
I wonder what Robyn Young's next project will be. I am definitely enough of a fan after the three books of this trilogy to think I would buy her next book for sure. Maybe she is just taking a rest right now and sitting on the beach somewhere.
The book was sure noticeable for having some really despicable people occupying the higher ranks--that is the kings Edward of England, and Phillipe of France. They get all the power and ceremonies, but they can barely scrounge enough money out of their subjects through taxation in order to be able to fight all of the nasty wars that they find necessary in order to enlarge or just protect their kingdom. Get you hands off my country or I'll come and kick your butt!
One theme is that Phillipe and the Templars alike feel that the good old days contained heroes who were better quality than the mediocre heroes of today. But probably if you went back in time to Phillipe's grandfather, or to the original Templars, they too had image problems that were just as bad as the ones of the present (now--the early 14th century) moment.
  libraryhermit | May 12, 2010 |
It took a while to get into this story and there was some grim descriptions of war and bloodshed. Not for the fainthearted, but a must for anyone with an interest in the Templars and their history.

Historical fiction or fictional history it is hard to be sure but it is an intense book full of details which feel about right and which bring the characters and locations to life. ( )
  wungu | Dec 28, 2009 |

1295 AD. The Holy Land is lost and the Knights Templar are in disarray. Templar Knight Will Campbell returns to find his Scottish homeland under attack by Edward I and a new threat is rising in France where a warrior king will stop at nothing to achieve his twisted ambitions.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,709,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible