Rabbit in the Moon by Deborah Shlian

Rabbit in the Moon

by Deborah Shlian

Wasn't crazy bad, having some insight into the student revolutions in the late '80's, but overall not very engaging. I was often wondering if San Francisco was so racist and ugly toward the Chinese community (where all of Lili's angst came from). ( )
  Elpaca | May 1, 2013 |
I'm not a fan of thrillers and this book reminded me why. That said, it did mix the political landscape of China in 1989 with the plot in a way that didn't seem forced or false. ( )
  VikkiLaw | Apr 4, 2013 |
Met the authors at a book signing- although this is a fast-aced thriller, I found the historical aspects of the student uprising in China in 1989 the most interesting aspect. Definitely recommend for those who like learning a little history while reading a good story. Perfect ending ( )
  suematch | May 12, 2009 |
Just a great read. Fun, adventurous, suspense-filled novel. The reader gets the added bonus of an extremely well-researched novel set in China. One really gets a feel for China and its customs. Would have been a terrific book club read. ( )
  lknea | Feb 3, 2009 |
This book doesn't really fit one genre-it's a thriller, but it's also historical (1989), suspense, romance, political. You could even say it's a little bit of a travelogue through China. My husband and I really enjoyed it because we'd just been to China. ( )
  JSJStein | Feb 1, 2009 |

Oceanview Publishing

2 editions of this book were published by Oceanview Publishing.

Editions: 1933515147, 1933515392

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,402,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible