The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox

The Accidental Demon Slayer

by Angie Fox

It's weird! It's odd! It's a bit far-fetched but that's what you get when you pick up a paranormal book. The dog is hilarious. But as for the story, the writing is great, but I think there may have been a bit too much going on in the plot. Lies. Deception. Who can you really trust? Maybe it's just me. I dunno.

Try it. Maybe you'll like it.

caslater83 | Apr 23, 2017 |
I just couldn't finish this book, to many words to get from point a to point b. Maybe if it was 1/3 the length it might have been readable. ( )
  SA_Jane | Feb 18, 2017 |
Maybe it is just me but I found this book absolutely BORING. I never could find the humor and I felt like I was reading something out of the newspaper in the section where you only read it because you want it to be good. Maybe it is because I have read some really GREAT books lately but there was something about this one that caused me to finish it but left me looking for more. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I'm not saying it's not a good book - but I can tell by the first few chapters it's not my style. Too cutesy for my tastes.
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
So many improbable situations and nothing like Buffy. Action follows each step in the adventure of Lizzie learning how to use her demon slaying powers. It made me smile. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 13, 2016 |
For my parents, Ted and Marie Fox, who pretended not to notice the flashlight I kept under my bed for when I had to read just one more chapter
When I opened the door to greet my grandmother for the very first time, I'm not sure what I was expecting.
The dark spells churned in the musty ship behind me. They stomped and demanded my attention. I'd never been so attracted to danger in my life.

Straight-laced preschool teacher, Lizzie Brown, never lies, never cusses, and doesn’t really care much for surprises. When her long lost Grandma Gertie shows up on her doorstep on a neon pink Harley Davidson wearing a “Kiss My Asphalt” t-shirt and hauling a carpet bag full of Smuckers jars filled with road kill magic, Lizzie doesn’t think her life could get any stranger. That is, until her hyper-active terrier starts talking and an ancient demon decides to kill her from his perch on the back of her toilet.

Lizzie learns she’s a demon slayer, fated to square off with the devil’s top minion in, oh about two weeks. Sadly, she’s untrained, unfit and under attack. Grandma’s gang of seventy-something biker witches promises to whip Lizzie into shape in no time, as long as she joins them out on the road. But Lizzie wants nothing to do with all this craziness. She simply wants her normal life back. When she accidentally botches the spell meant to protect her, she only has one choice – trust the utterly delicious but secretive man who claims to be her protector.

Dimitri Kallinikos has had enough. Cursed by a demon centuries ago, his formerly prominent clan has dwindled down to himself and his younger twin sisters, both of whom are now in the coma that precedes certain death. To break the curse, he must kill the demon behind it. Dimitri needs a slayer. At long last, he’s found Lizzie. But how do you talk a girl you’ve never met into going straight to Hell? Lie (and hope she forgives you). Dimitri decides to pass himself off as Lizzie’s fated protector in order to gain her trust and guide her towards this crucial mission. But will his choice to deceive her cost them their lives, or simply their hearts?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0505527693, Mass Market Paperback)

It's never a good day when an ancient demon shows up on your toilet bowl. For Lizzie Brown, that's just the beginning. Soon her hyperactive terrier starts talking, and her long-lost biker witch Grandma is hurling Smuckers jars filled with magic. Just when she thinks she's seen it all, Lizzie learns she's a demon slayer-and all hell is after her.

Of course, that's not the only thing after her. Dimitri Kallinikos, a devastatingly handsome shape-shifting griffin needs Lizzie to slay a demon of his own. But how do you talk a girl you've never met into going straight to the underworld? Lie. And if that doesn't work, how dangerous could a little seduction be...?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:23 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,085,456 books! | Top bar: Always visible