Little lunch by Danny Katz

Little lunch

by Danny Katz

A lot can happen in 15 minutes. The kids know that Mrs Gonsha's bum is too big for the slide... but Mrs Gonsha doesn't.

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Fun little stories about a school and the day to day life at a school: forgetting your lunch, grandparents day, bake sales. Characters seem good. Events seem reasonable. Illustrations are eye catching. The only thing that bothered me was I wondered why the kid's mom never brought him his lunch or did anything or the teacher say anything when he forgot his lunch for a month straight. ( )
  mandymarie20 | Nov 2, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have an odd sense of humor. I enjoyed the little quips and comments the kids made throughout the stories. However, the humor was lost on my son. Although he did enjoy the pictures, I had a hard timing getting him into the stories. We ended up breaking them into three different reading days. I think, when he's older, he will appreciate the stories more. I would definitely read more of these books. ( )
  alyssadrake | Jun 22, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was received in exchange for an unbiased review. It should appeal to lower grades, with cute illustrations and wacky characters. The stories are from Australia and some terms and settings might be strange to American kids but that probably won’t put readers off. Whatever it’s called, “little lunch” or “snack time” or “recess”, readers will sort things out while enjoying the humor. ( )
  sawilson54 | May 26, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This story is really three stories in one book. Each take place at "little lunch" which isn't explained in this book, but a quick search on Amazon shows that this is one in a series, so perhaps it's explained in an earlier book. Basically, "little lunch" is like morning recess or snack time. The children are granted great freedom and a lack of supervision that results in daily hijinks. This book has the feel of a reading group book. There are supporting illustrations, short chapters, and each story ends with the children learning a lesson or coming to the right decision on their own. This could be a good, quick read-aloud in 1st or 2nd grade, and an independent read for most 2nd and 3rd graders. I'll share my ARC with the reading support teachers at my school. ( )
  Tessa.Johnson | May 20, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It is funny I couldn’t put the book down.I liked how it had three separate stories in the book you never know what’s gonna come next. It’s exciting, thrilling, and entertaining. I recommend it for kids who like craziness. ( )
  llafont | May 9, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Danny Katz's book Little Lunch: Triple Treats is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,477,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible