Mine All Mine by Adam Davies

Mine All Mine

by Adam Davies

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow (MonographicalyMe)
    MonographicalyMe: These titles share an interesting mix of the absurd and fantastical and the real challenges and natural quirks of human nature.

I didn't finish the book. I tried, I really did. It should be a book I enjoyed.

The odd part is, I can't say why I didn't like it. The writing was fast, and snappy, the characters were interesting, the plot, just odd enough to be fun, but not too outlandish to be silly - but the book just did not resonate with me. And, As a whole, I found it to be too... something. The characters didn't interest me, the plot should of been good, but I didn't find it compelling. And honestly, I really can't put my finger on why I found this book so boring. Maybe it was me, or maybe it was the book. Either way, life is too short for books that aren't interesting.
  TheDivineOomba | Jul 12, 2015 |
Mine All Mine is a neat blend of humor, absurdity, and drama, complete with footnotes and a vocabulary that would ace a college entrance exam. This novel is a step up in the misfit crime-solver genre made popular by lighter reads such as Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. A great read for men and women, if you are looking for a smart book with dark humor, a touch of romantic drama, and a great plot, make a clean getaway with Mine All Mine. ( )
  MonographicalyMe | Feb 28, 2011 |

A dazzling comic and romantic heist story from the author of The Frog King and Goodbye Lemon. Otto Starks is a "pulse"a highly specialized security guard who has hyperdeveloped senses and a nervous habit of popping tabs of cyanide. Otto was once a rising star but then he was rolled three times by the notorious Rat Burglar. Now, demoted and dangerously in debt to a loan shark, all he has left is Charlie Izzo, the woman he loves. Unfortunately, she is also the Rat Burglars zealous advocate. Thats bad enough. But then Otto gets robbed yet again and the cops pronounce him the prime suspect. When Charlie disappears and Otto becomes a fugitive, he realizes that the Rat Burglar has stolen much more from him than art. And to get it back he must break the law he has devoted his life to upholding. A nail-biting thriller about deception, betrayal, and ownership in art and in love. Mine All Mine is also a quirky and hilarious romantic comedy.

A highly trained security guard whose life is falling apart--he is dangerously in debt to a loan shark and has become the target of the infamous Rat Burglar, who steals stolen artworks and returns them to the rightful owners--Otto Starks is drawn into an entertaining heist by Charlie Izzo, an art history professor and the woman he loves.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,088,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible